Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 629 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Wifi-Users, Beware of Pussy on your Lawn!

[Image: cat-hack-02-660x495.jpg]

~
''Late last month, a Siamese cat named Coco went wandering in his suburban Washington, DC neighborhood. He spent three hours exploring nearby backyards. He killed a mouse, whose carcass he thoughtfully brought home to his octogenarian owner, Nancy. And while he was out, Coco mapped dozens of his neighbors’ Wi-Fi networks, identifying four routers that used an old, easily-broken form of encryption and another four that were left entirely unprotected.

Unbeknownst to Coco, he’d been fitted with a collar created by Nancy’s granddaughter’s husband, security researcher Gene Bransfield. And Bransfield had built into that collar a Spark Core chip loaded with his custom-coded firmware, a Wi-Fi card, a tiny GPS module and a battery—everything necessary to map all the networks in the neighborhood that would be vulnerable to any intruder or Wi-Fi mooch with, at most, some simple crypto-cracking tools.

In the 1980s, hackers used a technique called “wardialing,” cycling through numbers with their modems to find unprotected computers far across the internet. The advent of Wi-Fi brought “wardriving,” putting an antenna in a car and cruising a city to suss out weak and unprotected Wi-Fi networks. This weekend at the DefCon hacker conference in Las Vegas, Bransfield will debut the next logical step: The “WarKitteh” collar, a device he built for less than $100 that turns any outdoor cat into a Wifi-sniffing hacker accomplice.''

Source:

[To see links please register here]

This is fucking amazing xD. So simple yet so clever GG WP defcon.

I might actually see the talk today if my little brother wants to.

That's a genius idea! Simple but wow... :tongue:

I'm jelly @Adorapuff

Quote:(08-10-2014, 07:02 PM)Aurora Wrote:

That's a genius idea! Simple but wow... :tongue:

I'm jelly @Adorapuff

I actually missed the talk but I taught my little brother how to use wireshark

Dang, I accidentally posted this article a second time, after seeing it on Reddit. It's a shame @Adorapuff missed the talk.

Quote:(08-11-2014, 05:24 AM)Oni Wrote:

Dang, I accidentally posted this article a second time, after seeing it on Reddit. It's a shame @Adorapuff missed the talk.

I'll watch it on youtube once it gets posted along with a few other talks I wanted to see but missed.

That's some hacker cat, where can I buy it?

Yep I saw this at DefCon! Amazing what you can do with a bit of knowledge and a lot of creativity! And I'm just sitting here trying to figure out my Java homework...

Quote:(10-02-2014, 09:49 PM)KarnivalAssassin Wrote:

Yep I saw this at DefCon! Amazing what you can do with a bit of knowledge and a lot of creativity! And I'm just sitting here trying to figure out my Java homework...

Ha! You have to take Java!

Are you a Computer Science major?