Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 755 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
What Kind of Phone Do You Have?

Quote:(06-16-2021, 07:51 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

How expensive are their flagship ones at the moment?
It's getting really close to 1000$, I think the OnePlus 9 Pro with 256GB is even a bit above 1000$.
When I see that I paid 400$ for my OnePlus 5 and it was already a bit higher than I'd like invest in a phone... I'm really not looking forward to buy a new phone, those prices now, more expensive than a quite good gaming desktop pc, it makes no sense!

I have a OnePlus 7T Pro MCLaren Edition with CalyxOS

Quote:(06-16-2021, 12:44 PM)fritz Wrote:

Quote: (06-16-2021, 07:51 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

How expensive are their flagship ones at the moment?
It's getting really close to 1000$, I think the OnePlus 9 Pro with 256GB is even a bit above 1000$.
When I see that I paid 400$ for my OnePlus 5 and it was already a bit higher than I'd like invest in a phone... I'm really not looking forward to buy a new phone, those prices now, more expensive than a quite good gaming desktop pc, it makes no sense!

I know what you mean actually, it's insane that a device with less than half the computing power, costs more?!

However, I just compared the OnePlus 9 Pro (£800+) with Samsungs highest priced phone (£1600). Given the specs comparison between brands, OnePlus is still a far better deal than going with Samsung or Apple. Although, I noticed Apples iPhone Pro Max is only £1099. I think this speaks volumes for the direction that Samsung has gone, for them to not only cost more than Apple products, but by a ridiculous margin too.

Quote:(06-16-2021, 12:47 PM)tschaikowsky Wrote:

I have a OnePlus 7T Pro MCLaren Edition with CalyxOS

Oooo I saw that a couple months ago. I really love their special edition phones, and that's a pretty good looking one.

I'm stuck with an LG Stylo 4 right now. I'd like to try for a Samsung A72. It's a great budget option, and is much more powerful than my current phone.

Poor me is still using Redmi note 7

Quote:(06-16-2021, 06:19 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

However, I just compared the OnePlus 9 Pro (£800+) with Samsungs highest priced phone (£1600). Given the specs comparison between brands, OnePlus is still a far better deal than going with Samsung or Apple. Although, I noticed Apples iPhone Pro Max is only £1099. I think this speaks volumes for the direction that Samsung has gone, for them to not only cost more than Apple products, but by a ridiculous margin too.
Yeah, you're right!
Although I personally have never liked Samsung, even when it was priced correctly. The few Samsung products I had died after a shorter time than expected, or where just sh*t haha (the last one I bought was a smartwatch, I sold it back 2 weeks later because I hated it xD)
And their politic of pricing much higher than other brands for no reason is just some stupid marketing shit that I will never approve haha.
That's just my biased point of view though, I see there are lots of Samsung users here, I'm sure it's good for some people ^^

Wow, not only is there a nice amount of Samsung users here but I think this is the first time that I have EVER seen a large community of 1+ users. I myself have had the same shitty iPhone 6s for the past 4 years, and unless it craps out I don't plan on changing any time soon.

Quote:(06-16-2021, 09:38 PM)Feat Wrote:

Wow, not only is there a nice amount of Samsung users here but I think this is the first time that I have EVER seen a large community of 1+ users. I myself have had the same shitty iPhone 6s for the past 4 years, and unless it craps out I don't plan on changing any time soon.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(06-16-2021, 09:59 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Its definitely part of the "get on contract and upgrade every two years" bandwagon.
Yeah... When you see they finally announced last year that every future Samsung phone will have 3 years of support, it's about time!

I do own the Samsung gear 2 I think? I was surprised to really like it. I got it as a gift and I'm a bit paranoid about damaging it, so left it at Oni's place and haven't seen it since before the pandemic. I'm actually missing using it. However, I've never tried any other smart watches.
I think the one I had was the Samsung Gear Fit 2 or something. They limit so much it's functionality on purpose it was so frustrating, the worst part was with their Samsung store, only official partners could publish something else than watch faces for this model (basically, there was less than 10 real apps), you couldn't even install an app manually or whatever. So basically the functionalities I needed were just not possible, plus I couldn't have much fun developing some apps.
(and all of that is totally on purpose, so that you need to buy the 300$ smartwatch instead of the 100$ one if you want a smartER watch....)

Quote: (06-16-2021, 09:38 PM)Feat Wrote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

My first major Android phone was the Samsung Galaxy S2, which was the best phone at the time. Prior to that I'd had the Motorola A855, which was a lower-spec phone I'd gotten to avoid iPhones (which I was tired of jailbreaking).

Quote:(06-16-2021, 11:22 PM)fritz Wrote:

Quote: (06-16-2021, 09:59 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Its definitely part of the "get on contract and upgrade every two years" bandwagon.
Yeah... When you see they finally announced last year that every future Samsung phone will have 3 years of support, it's about time!

I do own the Samsung gear 2 I think? I was surprised to really like it. I got it as a gift and I'm a bit paranoid about damaging it, so left it at Oni's place and haven't seen it since before the pandemic. I'm actually missing using it. However, I've never tried any other smart watches.
I think the one I had was the Samsung Gear Fit 2 or something. They limit so much it's functionality on purpose it was so frustrating, the worst part was with their Samsung store, only official partners could publish something else than watch faces for this model (basically, there was less than 10 real apps), you couldn't even install an app manually or whatever. So basically the functionalities I needed were just not possible, plus I couldn't have much fun developing some apps.
(and all of that is totally on purpose, so that you need to buy the 300$ smartwatch instead of the 100$ one if you want a smartER watch....)

I could understand upgrading a phone for better specs, but watches are generally too gimmicky unless you're using them for more than telling time. I'd forget to charge them and end up wearing a regular automatic piece.