Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 1044 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
[Debate] Best Anti Virus?

Quote:(01-24-2013, 07:59 AM)Magic Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

It looks like im the only one who really uses NSET NOD32
No, I would consider Eset the best AV Ive ever used but It was annoying AF

Brain, but a lot of people don't have this one.

If you are not using a multi-layered approach you are asking for it. Period.
There is no single AV utility that will protect you from a real attacker in a real attack situation. There just isn't.
BitDefender, MBAM, ESET Nod32 and Qihoo 360 all work amazingly well, but without additional layers they are not a complete security solution and should not be treated as one.

Microsoft's EMET utility, Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit, Zemana's Antilogger, and rootkit detection utilities like GMER, MBAR etc. are ESSENTIAL for a safe Windows machine. A real firewall (hardware!!!) and a file integrity monitor isn't a bad idea either. There are amazingly sophisticated attacks and attackers out there, and if you're unlucky enough to encounter one, your antivirus will not save you. This is fact. Reality is cold and unforgiving. Face it now, or let it kill you later.

Knowing how your OS works often helps, too. Not to mention that annoying pesky Secure Boot feature that people disable because they wanna run a *nix OS or crack their Windows... That needs to stay ON. Learn how to sign your own bootloader, OS kernel and modules. Learn how to use the security features built into your system rather than turning them off. (and on that note, 'setenforce 0' should be a crime...)

Windows UAC (and *nix-based systems' sudo and RBAC/MAC) are a godsend. Disable them and you'll find yourself having a lot of "fun" very quickly in a real attack scenario.

Common sense, a firewall (with good rules), and the way your operating system is set up are all important factors. If you're on Windows, I highly recommend ESET Smart Security and the full version of Malwarebytes (serial keys for it are all over the internet).

There isn't a perfect one out there I believe. However whenever I used to use one, I always went with avast, it seemed high quality for a free product and their UI appealed to me also, making it easier to use.

Quote:(03-03-2016, 07:08 AM)VirtualFrost Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

There isn't a perfect one out there

Right here ^^^^

As I've always mentioned, there Is no "best". There Is "better", but not best. Each AV has Its pros and cons, fors and against, therefore a given user needs to evaluate their overall usability when selecting an AV.

BitDefender /Feel my power/

NODEset really protects your pc. Theyre advanced on almost everything than any av out there.

I think the best one is the one that best fits your needs.

Antiviruses are pointless, people who pay for them are normally pretty nonsensical, and dont know what they are doing tbh.

If you know what you are doing you dont need an antivirus. Also they get in the way of owning a botnet.