Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 769 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
[Review] Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

I rarely write reviews for anything. However, I decided that I should write one for this game, simply because I spent quite a while playing it (I'd guess 30 hours, although I might be far off). I spent long, that I ended up staying up until 5am last night - even with exams today. I had a fair amount of fun with the game. It is certainly one of the better PS Vita releases as of late.

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

[To see links please register here]

to view this content.

The three best parts of the game are:
  • The story is extremely well done and I could even call it an excellent work of literature.
  • The characters are all unique and likable (for the most part) in their own way.
  • The gameplay is pretty fun, especially for a game of it's genre.

The three worst parts of the game are:
  • There's a lack of customization. You're stuck as Makoto (although he is pretty awesome).
  • There are repetitive trial minigames (stuff does change, though)...
  • Exploration mode isn't the best - meh-tier graphics and a slight lack of direction occasionally.

My thoughts:
The story is without a doubt, the game's most redeeming factor. Each character has a story, which you learn more about over time. With plot twists appearing in just about every chapter, you're sure to enjoy the story itself. The game definitely has a psychological element to it, which the plot twists emphasize even more. After each trial, you learn more and more about the school's history, and work towards escaping and unmasking the mastermind behind the killing game. The creativity and detail put into the story itself is why I rate it so high. I think for games like these, the story is what really makes the game so great. Excellent art (at least, by PS Vita standards) and likeable characters only add to it. The story shares some obvious similarities to series of Hunger Games and Saw. The gameplay, from what I gather - is also very similar to Ace Attorney's.

I rate the game a 9/10,
because it was an excellent game, although not necessarily great enough to earn a 10. There were a few things that could have been improved, but didn't impact gameplay all that much. That being said, it was definitely worth the money and I will definitely buy games from Spike in the future.

I genuinely now want to play this game... And genuinely want a PSVita too >.>

Nice review hun

Looks like a great game, rather interested in it now, after seeing your review. However I do not own a PS Vita, sooo. Haha.