0Day Forums
Iphone 11 John Lewis - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Hacking & Exploits (https://0day.red/Forum-Hacking-Exploits)
+--- Forum: Social Hacking (https://0day.red/Forum-Social-Hacking)
+--- Thread: Iphone 11 John Lewis (/Thread-Iphone-11-John-Lewis)

Pages: 1 2 3

Iphone 11 John Lewis - describers268091 - 12-19-2020

Hi Guys,

I'm planning on SE'ing John Lewis. I've been away for a while but plan on doing a few SE's during the holiday season.

First of all I already am doing an Amazon airpods Pro SE, will use the item missing method as the weight of the airpods is very low.

Now for my second SE, I plan to do a bigger fish. Namely the Iphone 11 (Maybe Pro/Max idk yet) and I will order that from John Lewis. The plan is to use the DNA method, however here is the tricky part. It will be an international order (Which i've done before) which might cause some more suspicion. Do you guys have any experience with international orders or have you got any tips?

Let me know!

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - Mrfootpaces358 - 12-19-2020

Quote:First of all I already am doing an Amazon airpods Pro SE, will use the item missing method as the weight of the airpods is very low.
Good choice of method against the nature of the Item and company. It has a very good chance of success.

If It were John Lewis, they definitely cross-check every detail when using the missing Item method, hence are quite difficult to deal with.

Quote:The plan is to use the DNA method, however here is the tricky part. It will be an international order (Which i've done before) which might cause some more suspicion.
In what respect do you believe It will raise suspicion?

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - hotted238073 - 12-20-2020

Quote:(12-20-2020, 02:37 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote:First of all I already am doing an Amazon airpods Pro SE, will use the item missing method as the weight of the airpods is very low.
Good choice of method against the nature of the Item and company. It has a very good chance of success.

If It were John Lewis, they definitely cross-check every detail when using the missing Item method, hence are quite difficult to deal with.

Quote:The plan is to use the DNA method, however here is the tricky part. It will be an international order (Which i've done before) which might cause some more suspicion.
In what respect do you believe It will raise suspicion?

I'm not sure what to expect really, my international orders have been limited to clothing. I think that the seller might find it more suspicious when a package is lost in international transit, and will therefore start a more comprehensive investigation. I might be wrong though, because it can also be seen as a lot of effort right because it is international. It wil also be my first order from JL.

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - forum229479 - 12-20-2020

Quote:(12-20-2020, 02:51 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

I'm not sure what to expect really, my international orders have been limited to clothing. I think that the seller might find it more suspicious when a package is lost in international transit, and will therefore start a more comprehensive investigation. I might be wrong though, because it can also be seen as a lot of effort right because it is international. It wil also be my first order from JL.
A package failing to reach Its destination, could be due to quite a number of reasons.

Be It lost somewhere In transit, not reaching the carrier's local depot or the driver dropping It off at the Incorrect address, they all relate to the same thing- you didn't personally receive It.

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - laureateshipdpnxfzoxc - 12-20-2020

Quote:(12-20-2020, 03:26 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-20-2020, 02:51 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

A package failing to reach Its destination, could be due to quite a number of reasons.

Be It lost somewhere In transit, not reaching the carrier's local depot or the driver dropping It off at the Incorrect address, they all relate to the same thing- you didn't personally receive It.

Yeah, that seems fair. I will order the phone after the holidays and then we'll see what happens

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - wisteriayrhxc - 12-20-2020

Quote:(12-20-2020, 03:49 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

I will order the phone after the holidays and then we'll see what happens :smile:
Now Is the busiest time of year, which Is the best time to SE. Ultimately, It's your choice.

Please keep us updated.

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - odellatvcmhrucsz - 12-21-2020

Quote:(12-21-2020, 02:52 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-20-2020, 03:49 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

I will order the phone after the holidays and then we'll see what happens :smile:
Now Is the busiest time of year, which Is the best time to SE. Ultimately, It's your choice.

Please keep us updated.

Well..... This is not going to work for the upcoming days, as the borders from the EU to the UK are closed and so John Lewis doesn't ship international anymore. I guess I will switch to Amazon in that case... But that will be a domestic order.

Quote: (12-21-2020, 01:12 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

Quote: (12-21-2020, 02:52 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-20-2020, 03:49 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

Please keep us updated.

Well..... This is not going to work for the upcoming days, as the borders from the EU to the UK are closed and so John Lewis doesn't ship international anymore. I guess I will switch to Amazon in that case... But that will be a domestic order.

Then again... I'm already going a missing item method at Amazon. So if I want to do the trick during the Holidays, then I would have to order the phone at the same moment that i'm already doing airpods... that is obviously risky. Should I order from a different account, send it to a different adress and pay with a different method? Payment method will still contain the same name just like the adress.

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - Drinterplead6 - 12-21-2020

Quote:(12-21-2020, 01:12 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

Then again... I'm already going a missing item method at Amazon. So if I want to do the trick during the Holidays, then I would have to order the phone at the same moment that i'm already doing airpods... that is obviously risky. Should I order from a different account, send it to a different adress and pay with a different method? Payment method will still contain the same name just like the adress.
If you're planning to DNA the phone and given the AirPods are currently In progress, It's best to SE the phone on a totally different account with every Identifiable detail changed, address Included.

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - cicada151 - 12-22-2020

Quote:(12-21-2020, 03:47 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-21-2020, 01:12 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

If you're planning to DNA the phone and given the AirPods are currently In progress, It's best to SE the phone on a totally different account with every Identifiable detail changed, address Included.

Yes that's the plan, although I will first do the DNA on the phone, then send back an empty box with the airpods.

RE: Iphone 11 John Lewis - whippletrees866108 - 12-23-2020

Quote:(12-22-2020, 10:56 PM)Leonidas76 Wrote:

Yes that's the plan, although I will first do the DNA on the phone, then send back an empty box with the airpods.
Good approach.

In terms of the methods you're planning to use, the DNA pretty much speaks for Itself, so you're good to go. As for the AirPods and given they're extremely light, boxing without substituting the weight will suffice.