0Day Forums
[Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Hacking & Exploits (https://0day.red/Forum-Hacking-Exploits)
+--- Forum: Social Hacking (https://0day.red/Forum-Social-Hacking)
+--- Thread: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit (/Thread-Success-Super-easy-Oculus-Meta-hit)

[Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - philosophobia684196 - 05-13-2022

I mean, I don't even know how I can even try to explain something so easy

- Order a Quest 2 with a guest account
- When it arrives, claim completely EB (nothing at all in the parcel) on their support page (I went with chat)
- They asked for photos of the outside and the inside of the box, provided them through the chat
- "We'll start an investigation with UPS"
- Wait 3 days
- We're still investigating but whatever, customer is always right, replacement or refund?
- Your choice, really

Done
Zero PR, zero extra questions, nothing at all but 3 days of silence and a refund.. the label on the package even registered 2kg as weight and yet not a single complain

Just to be on the safe I won't turn this on until this Sunday just to give it a couple days but in case it's blacklisted or something (doubt it but you never know) I'll either:
- play pirated games on it, offline
- buy a new one from any other shop, ask for a legit return and put the blacklisted one in the package

EDIT: for the love of whatever, DO NOT TURN THE DEVICE ON until you get your refund
I've already read about 2 different people getting their refund denied because they couldn't wait 2 days to play with it, obviously Meta WILL see the s/n went online and will cancel your claim, just wait until your money are back and then a couple days just to be sure

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - callophis363368 - 05-13-2022

Thanks for sharing your experience, I also did hear they are extremely easy with EB.
As for returning of "blacklisted" one in place of a legit one, you don't think they may notice that it has different serial number?

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - ovilaojbnyq - 05-13-2022

Quote:Zero PR, zero extra questions, nothing at all but 3 days of silence and a refund.. the label on the package even registered 2kg as weight and yet not a single complain
I can almost guarantee they didn't bother assessing the claim.

If an external Investigation was opened and the records on the carrier's manifest were cross-checked, It would've been a different outcome. It'd be Interesting to see If It's repeated with the same result. That aside, well done and thanks for sharing your experience.

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - mcalpin373 - 05-13-2022

Quote:(05-13-2022, 03:37 PM)HEIS Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Thanks for sharing your experience, I also did hear they are extremely easy with EB.
As for returning of "blacklisted" one in place of a legit one, you don't think they may notice that it has different serial number?

Well, some claim that Amazon does check the SN of the shipped items (and on returns as well? That's a lot of manpower needed)
But I could hit any local store, either online or not, doubt they care that much as long as they get the same item back

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - kylilagqhijdl - 05-14-2022

Quote:(05-13-2022, 02:38 PM)Nabeshin Wrote:

- When it arrives, claim completely EB (nothing at all in the parcel) on their support page (I went with chat)
- They asked for photos of the outside and the inside of the box, provided them through the chat
- Wait 3 days
- We're still investigating but whatever, customer is always right, replacement or refund?
- Your choice, really

Done
Zero PR, zero extra questions, nothing at all but 3 days of silence and a refund.. the label on the package even registered 2kg as weight and yet not a single complain

Just to be on the safe I won't turn this on until this Sunday just to give it a couple days but in case it's blacklisted or something (doubt it but you never know) I'll either:
- buy a new one from any other shop, ask for a legit return and put the blacklisted one in the package

Thanks for sharing, did you order any accessories?

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - bullan622179 - 05-14-2022

Quote:(05-14-2022, 11:23 AM)elemenowpee Wrote:

Quote: (05-13-2022, 02:38 PM)Nabeshin Wrote:

- Wait 3 days
- Your choice, really

Done

Thanks for sharing, did you order any accessories?

Nope, just the headset

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - maeeq - 05-14-2022

I've been thinking about this. Did you go with 128gb or 256gb?

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - josefnappadqj - 05-14-2022

Quote:(05-14-2022, 01:58 PM)Canadian Moose Wrote:

I've been thinking about this. Did you go with 128gb or 256gb?

The 128gb one
It's not even for me in fact, I've already got mine legally a year or so ago, this one is a present for a friend.. what's the point of getting free stuffs if you can't share it with friends, right?

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - Gilbert158644 - 05-16-2022

Quote:(05-13-2022, 02:38 PM)Nabeshin Wrote:

- Wait 3 days
- Your choice, really

Done

So you basically said you only received an empty parcel box, or did you say that at least the oculus quest box was included but empty? That's very interesting

RE: [Success] Super easy Oculus/Meta hit - georgetaxppanf - 05-16-2022

This is such an eye-opening revelation about the way Meta deals with their orders and returns...
I've been wanting an Oculus for a long time and were wondering whether it would've been a good idea to buy a broken (internally, nothing evident) 2nd-hand headset from somebody, then buy a new one from Amazon or elsewhevere and return the broken one to them.
But now it sounds like I might give this a try! Thanks for sharing your story!