0Day Forums
Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Coding (https://0day.red/Forum-Coding)
+--- Forum: PHP (https://0day.red/Forum-PHP)
+--- Thread: Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? (/Thread-Freeware-or-Open-Source-CMS-BB)

Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? - cormacj - 05-29-2019

QQ for all you web programmers: Does anyone have a good suggestion for a freeware or open source PHP/SQL content management system, possibly with a bulletin board add-on?
I'm looking through the options myself, but shit seems pretty limited and I would just like to get some outside opinions on the matter.
Got a CMS you like and think I should try? Lemme know! I am all ears! or eyes... or whatever

Be loud!

RE: Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? - misdemean854 - 06-04-2019

Quote:(05-30-2019, 12:32 AM)Kludge Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

QQ for all you web programmers: Does anyone have a good suggestion for a freeware or open source PHP/SQL content management system, possibly with a bulletin board add-on?
I'm looking through the options myself, but shit seems pretty limited and I would just like to get some outside opinions on the matter.
Got a CMS you like and think I should try? Lemme know! I am all ears! or eyes... or whatever

Be loud!

Tricky one - I've used concrete5, Drupal and Joomla in the past. They're all a bit clunky but do the job as long as you keep to good practices in terms of ordering files/code. I'd look through all the extensions available for those three until you find one that has everything you want.
Sorry I cant be more helpful - just none that are amazing but they're all ok if you know what I mean?

RE: Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? - Sirevited307 - 06-04-2019

Personally, I use joomla! And MyBB
Assigned to two subdomains( intranet.form8f.tk) and (private)

RE: Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? - tripersonally599664 - 06-11-2019

The CMS's I use are Wordpress and Processwire, and the Codeigniter framework.
If you want a CMS that intregates well with a forum script, I suggest you use Wordpress and bbPress.

RE: Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? - klimt379 - 06-14-2019

Quote:(06-11-2019, 09:28 AM)innocent21 Wrote:

If you want a CMS that intregates well with a forum script, I suggest you use Wordpress and bbPress.

I've come up with a way to just use forum software to create a CMS. You just create a BB sub that's visible only to content creators that they can post new stories, etc. to, and then on the main page you use a PHP include() to display post.php with the post ID number added. This allows one to display the data from a specific post into a main page-type story. Also allows for streamlined editing of posts, removal, etc.
It's been years since I've done it, but I did remember the process.

RE: Freeware or Open Source CMS + BB? - secondaryiuvuhizew - 06-16-2019

Quote:(06-14-2019, 11:18 PM)Kludge Wrote:

Quote: (06-11-2019, 09:28 AM)innocent21 Wrote:

I've come up with a way to just use forum software to create a CMS. You just create a BB sub that's visible only to content creators that they can post new stories, etc. to, and then on the main page you use a PHP include() to display post.php with the post ID number added. This allows one to display the data from a specific post into a main page-type story. Also allows for streamlined editing of posts, removal, etc.
It's been years since I've done it, but I did remember the process.

If you want to use MyBB as a CMS, there is a really good plugin for it called