0Day Forums
wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Coding (https://0day.red/Forum-Coding)
+--- Forum: CMS (https://0day.red/Forum-CMS)
+---- Forum: WordPress (https://0day.red/Forum-WordPress)
+---- Thread: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? (/Thread-wp-admin-shows-blank-page-how-to-fix-it)

Pages: 1 2 3

wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - arian517 - 07-27-2023

I am working with WordPress 3.5.8. Yesterday I made some changes into it to a friend. I don't know what happened, but after some time when I try to log in at wp-admin side and execute URL `www.mysite.com/wp-admin` it shows me a blank page. How do I solve this? I have searched over the internet and blogs. I found it could be related to hosting problems or brute force-attack, but I don't think that that's what happened to my site.

Links I visited:

-

[To see links please register here]

-

-

-

-

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - asmodeus830 - 07-27-2023

Try turning on [WP Debug](

). If this is happening due to a PHP error (which I bet that it is), you will be able to see what's going on and fix the error.

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - Prododeiokowuhsi - 07-27-2023

[6] was spot on. I had the same problem
ie a blank screen where wp-admin should have been
Renaming plugins to pluginss let me get back in.

I also had a blank screen for my blog.
The solution was to copy up a backup copy of wp-config,php
somehow the 'live' wp-config.php had been replaced with a file size of zero.

It seems that it is very important to have an off-line backup
The easy way to copy of the files is Filezilla (freeware)

You need a wordpress plugin for database backup - ie to back up all your pages and posts.
But the pros will tell you that you need to get a

Peter

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - karyokinetic195431 - 07-27-2023

I ran into the same problem a few minutes ago, the problem was when I uploaded my local theme I had a bunch of <?php ?> tags separating each function I had in there I solved this by putting all the functions in one php tag... Hope this helps.

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - trinhtrini9 - 07-27-2023

Go to your `functions.php` page and delete any spaces immediately above or below your **PHP** tags.

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - maidism404623 - 07-27-2023

Just reset the password, this will work.

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - toxicology31 - 07-27-2023

I was also facing same problem but i renamed **contact-form-7** plugin from **/wp-content/plugins** directory to **contact-form-7-rename** and problem solved.

So this is due to unsupportable plugins or theme.

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - Allison803995 - 07-27-2023

I have experienced the same problem as well. The reason was, that the `functions.php` was configured wrongly.

I did the following to solve the problem:

- In my child theme, I backed up all my files
- Then I deleted all of them leaving only the `style.css` page.
- I could then log in.

On reloading my functions.php I found it was the **culprit**. I rewrote the php and it was fine.

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - gaiasmxezwb - 07-27-2023

I faced the same problem and I tried many things such as trying to login through wp-login.php instead of /wp-admin and adding ob_start() in /wp-admin/index.php (if you hit the url /wp-admin it goes for /wp-admin). It showed login page but entering the username and password shows an error like "cookies are blocked due to unexpected output".

I finally got the solution: **it happens because the theme or plugins that you installed are not supported.**

How to check and fix:

- **Rename the plugin folder name and theme folder name.** If opening /wp-admin and entering a valid username and password the dashboard is shown, then it worked.

- Revert the folder name of plugin and theme, then **activate the themes and plugins one by one**, cross-checking with /wp-admin. You will find out the unsupported plugin or theme.

RE: wp-admin shows blank page, how to fix it? - methylolurea694158 - 07-27-2023

All your problem is solved right now just follow this instruction:

1. go to your themes then de activate your current theme, just put "x" in the the first letter of your theme name.

for example this is your theme folder name: "mytheme" just put "x" in the first letter like this "xmytheme" tho di activate.

2. Then after that go back to your wp-admin panel then BOOM! wp-admin accessable.

3. When you access your wp-admin panel or you are on your dashboard, again activate your theme again, but before that. REMOVE THE "X" letter you putted in your theme name.
example: "xmytheme" just remove "x", output like this: "mytheme"
4. then activate it in your dashboard.

hope this help!.