0Day Forums
Setting up ettercap. - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Hacking & Exploits (https://0day.red/Forum-Hacking-Exploits)
+--- Forum: Network Hacking (https://0day.red/Forum-Network-Hacking)
+--- Thread: Setting up ettercap. (/Thread-Setting-up-ettercap)

Setting up ettercap. - mer780629 - 04-09-2011

First you need to edit you etter.conf in order to arp poison the network.
Hidden Content

[Image: 77223217c.jpg]

Now look for this and remove the # sign.

Hidden Content

After you remove the # sign it should look like this.

[Image: 74946530.jpg]

Now look for this

[Image: 77101506.jpg]

and change to this

[Image: 67400483.jpg]

the when done press ctrl + o and thats it.

Now setting up the dms spoof plugin.
Hidden Content

Second thing in the etter.dns do this first erase everything then type what i have below here.

the * mean that any website they browse to will be directed to your local IP

*.*.* A 192.168.1.15 [your_ip]
*.* A 192.168.1.15
*.*.*.* A 192.168.1.15

Images where provided by 1llusion I had to do this in windows.

RE: Setting up ettercap. - revenues248639 - 04-09-2011

wow thank you so much. :smile:
What about the basics of backtrack? :smile:
thank you.

RE: Setting up ettercap. - dryadesjzyk - 04-09-2011

Quote:(04-09-2011, 07:00 PM)darkscorpion Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

wow thank you so much. :smile:
What about the basics of backtrack? :smile:
thank you.

Soon Soon I promise Its because I had an interview today then got rescheduled for tommorow I promise Alot more tutorials are comming and I have not forgotten you darkscorpian

RE: Setting up ettercap. - Mrful10 - 04-11-2011

Sorry I edited it

RE: Setting up ettercap. - relandedhw - 04-11-2011

cd /usr/share/ is a typo.... edit it .. thanks

RE: Setting up ettercap. - yvespuxtm - 04-14-2011

Hey I just want to say I love your guides and tutorials! Now im familiar with uncommenting the two lines I always make sure that is done before using ettercap. I also issue the echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward command. But i'm just wondering exactly what you are doing when you change the ec_uid and ec_gid numbers to 0. I don't know what those really mean.

I also have another question odd maybe. I use ettercap and ssl strip sucessfully in Backtrack wired but I just cant get it to work wireless. I was told to simply use -i wlan0 (wlan0 is my wireless interface on my comp)when I run ettercap but it never works. I wont get any errors and it will say its arp poisoning victims fine but it just seems to not work. I know because I test on my own network. Could just be MY network being weird.

RE: Setting up ettercap. - batfishes332826 - 04-15-2011

Quote:(04-15-2011, 03:59 AM).LiT Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Hey I just want to say I love your guides and tutorials! Now im familiar with uncommenting the two lines I always make sure that is done before using ettercap. I also issue the echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward command. But i'm just wondering exactly what you are doing when you change the ec_uid and ec_gid numbers to 0. I don't know what those really mean.

I also have another question odd maybe. I use ettercap and ssl strip sucessfully in Backtrack wired but I just cant get it to work wireless. I was told to simply use -i wlan0 (wlan0 is my wireless interface on my comp)when I run ettercap but it never works. I wont get any errors and it will say its arp poisoning victims fine but it just seems to not work. I know because I test on my own network. Could just be MY network being weird.

When you change the ec_uid and ec_gid to zero its like running ettercap as admin.

Now when you run ettercap sometimes its unstable