0Day Forums
[sunjester tuts] Using C# (.NET code/apps) on Linux - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Coding (https://0day.red/Forum-Coding)
+--- Forum: VB.NET (https://0day.red/Forum-VB-NET)
+--- Thread: [sunjester tuts] Using C# (.NET code/apps) on Linux (/Thread-sunjester-tuts-Using-C-NET-code-apps-on-Linux)

[sunjester tuts] Using C# (.NET code/apps) on Linux - garlicky100 - 03-11-2019

Introduction
All of my tutorials are written, tested, and meant to be used on Linux. I am using Ubuntu xenial (currently 16.04). You can use any debian distro and follow any of my tutorials. I will not pander to the Windows kiddies, don't ask.

Directions
First, let's check what version you have, you can use the lsb_release command.
Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Next, install Mono
Hidden Content
Now we can compile and then run the C# code below, that i've saved in a file named hello.cs
Hidden Content
using the csc to compile
csc hello.cs

and using mono to run the .net executable
mono hello.exe

WinForms
You can compile the winforms applications using the following argument
Hidden Content
Gtk# Forms
Hidden Content

RE: [sunjester tuts] Using C# (.NET code/apps) on Linux - outyields750991 - 03-13-2019

Well mono is kind of obsolete, when .NET Core is out with UI libraries going to be release really soon + here is AvaloniaUI for impatient.

RE: [sunjester tuts] Using C# (.NET code/apps) on Linux - leucichthys928222 - 03-22-2019

Quote:(03-13-2019, 11:01 AM)inquis1t0r Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Well mono is kind of obsolete, when .NET Core is out with UI libraries going to be release really soon + here is AvaloniaUI for impatient.

.net core has been out for quite some time. Mono is simply the runtime. Unless you're not using any dependencies, then you'll need it.

RE: [sunjester tuts] Using C# (.NET code/apps) on Linux - jacklinmowkhk - 03-22-2019

mono is an IDE for building .net applications on linux, it's not obsolete.

RE: [sunjester tuts] Using C# (.NET code/apps) on Linux - kellinmzy - 03-23-2019

Quote:(03-11-2019, 09:55 PM)sunjester Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Introduction
All of my tutorials are written, tested, and meant to be used on Linux. I am using Ubuntu xenial (currently 16.04). You can use any debian distro and follow any of my tutorials. I will not pander to the Windows kiddies, don't ask.

Directions
First, let's check what version you have, you can use the lsb_release command.
Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Next, install Mono
Hidden Content
Now we can compile and then run the C# code below, that i've saved in a file named hello.cs
Hidden Content
using the csc to compile
csc hello.cs

and using mono to run the .net executable
mono hello.exe

WinForms
You can compile the winforms applications using the following argument
Hidden Content
Gtk# Forms
Hidden Content

nice little tutorial.