0Day Forums
Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Coding (https://0day.red/Forum-Coding)
+--- Forum: CMS (https://0day.red/Forum-CMS)
+--- Thread: Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support (/Thread-Complete-CMS-or-framework-for-CMS-with-i18n-support)

Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support - dorothydorp793 - 07-19-2023

We are looking for a way to publish articles in different languages, including differences in writing direction (*RTL/LTR*) and of course character sets. The maintainer of the current site works with Mambo/Joomla, but has already found severe restrictions in terms of extensibility.

A [similar question][1] has already been asked, but I will add feature and system requirements.

Feature-wise, we need the following functionality:

- CMS standard features (two-stage publishing, permissions, different publishing mechanisms …)
- In addition to standard categorization, articles should have a **language meta attribute**
- It should be possible to provide a **single article in one or more languages**
- Links between articles should indicate the language of the target article, if it does not match the language of the source article.
- It should be possible to link directly to an article published in a certain language (e.g. `mysite.com/article/23423/my-cool-title?lang=ar`).
- Authors should have some kind of indication of their language capabilities

At the level of system requirements, we have thought of the following alternatives:

- Standard PHP/MySQL on Apache (LAMP)
- Google App Engine (preferred django)

We are looking for a complete CMS, that can easily be extended and administrated, or a framework that covers most of the functionality. Please consider that we have already read through the answers on the [previously mentioned question][1].

Thank you,

Kariem

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

RE: Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support - clothespress964 - 07-19-2023

I'm not aware of anything that meets your requirements currently available on App Engine. You could customize something like [Bloog][1], though.

[1]:

RE: Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support - burleigh733 - 07-19-2023

Have you looked at [Django-CMS][1] ?

I don't think it will have everything you mention out of the box, but most of it is there and the rest you can add yourself.

[1]:

RE: Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support - judaistically189001 - 07-19-2023

I used [Sitellite CMS][1], it's a good software with I18n support.

[1]:

RE: Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support - meeker968 - 07-19-2023

Drupal could very easily meet your needs on the LAMP stack. As of Drupal 6 almost everything you need is available. You can have:

- Multi stage publishing and workflow with the contributed Workflow module
- New content can be tagged in a specific language, or created as language neutral
- I don't know if it would be possible to have the CMS automatically list the target language of a link, but it shouldn't be hard with a few lines of code to add a filter something like [link: article ID or name] to insert a link to the other article that would list the language of the link target
- linking to a specific language/translation of an article is no problem, most folks set that up with path prefixing in Drupal, so an english article would be at example.com/en/article/path and say french at example.com/fr/article/path

RE: Complete CMS (or framework for CMS) with i18n support - adrianam - 07-19-2023

Checkout [django-blocks][1]. Has multi-language Menu, Flatpages and even has a simple Shopping Cart!!

[1]: