0Day Forums
ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://0day.red)
+-- Forum: Coding (https://0day.red/Forum-Coding)
+--- Forum: Assembly (https://0day.red/Forum-Assembly)
+--- Thread: ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) (/Thread-ARM-Project-Ideas-for-tutorials)

ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - rhodiaapuvumkrwm - 03-22-2018

So, if you've seen my

[To see links please register here]

you may have noticed that I have 2 major ARM tutorial volumes planned. The problem with that is I don't know of any cool projects to actually do in those tutorials.

This thread is pretty simple, go ahead and post your tutorial suggestions below. If it gets used, you will receive 200NSP. If it's a really good one, you will receive either a +7 rep, or another 100NSP.

And....go

RE: ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - dichronous406919 - 03-22-2018

While reading this I instantly came up with the idea of making a simple kernel.
Another cool one would be to implement a BASIC, Lisp, or Logo-style language in it, or maybe just a calculator.

RE: ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - gianacolnoiugqo - 03-22-2018

Quote:(03-23-2018, 02:07 AM)Ender Wrote:

Another cool one would be to implement a BASIC, Lisp, or Logo-style language in it, or maybe just a calculator.

One question: would you read the (outrageously long and complicated) tutorial that results, and understand it enough to comment productively?

RE: ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - baylor100 - 03-23-2018

Quote:(03-23-2018, 02:27 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (03-23-2018, 02:07 AM)Ender Wrote:

One question: would you read the (outrageously long and complicated) tutorial that results, and understand it enough to comment productively?

Yes. If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't have recommended it.

RE: ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - ravers556474 - 03-23-2018

Quote:(03-23-2018, 01:30 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

If it gets used, you will receive 200NSP. If it's a really good one, you will receive either a +7 rep, or another 100NSP.

By which time you may have enough NSP but at the moment (as you know), you're way short.

In the event It's Imminently required, let me know and I'll donate whatever It takes to fulfill your needs.

RE: ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - pedrovqenwygjv - 03-23-2018

Quote:(03-23-2018, 10:29 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (03-23-2018, 01:30 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

If it gets used, you will receive 200NSP. If it's a really good one, you will receive either a +7 rep, or another 100NSP.

By which time you may have enough NSP but at the moment (as you know), you're way short.

In the event It's Imminently required, let me know and I'll donate whatever It takes to fulfill your needs.

It generally takes me about a month to complete the majority of one ARM tutorial, with it being a new project it will likely take me a little longer, so I don't think ill have the issue of getting NSP by then, but I do appreciate the backup.

RE: ARM Project Ideas (for tutorials) - channal - 03-24-2018

Quote:(03-23-2018, 06:05 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (03-23-2018, 10:29 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (03-23-2018, 01:30 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

It generally takes me about a month to complete the majority of one ARM tutorial, with it being a new project it will likely take me a little longer, so I don't think ill have the issue of getting NSP by then, but I do appreciate the backup.

Sounds good.

You know who to turn to In case of need.