Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 221 Vote(s) - 3.66 Average
Windows Built-in Firewall help for VirtualBox and VMWare

On my host, I have my Windows Firewall configured to where I have to make the rules in order for an application to have access to the Internet.

What I need help on is to make a rule for both VirtualBox and VMWare to be able to have Internet access for my virtual machines. I have granted access to all files within their directory but still cannot have Internet access for the virtual machines. When I activate the rule to allow Internet access for all applications on my computer, the virtual machines can access the Internet.

Any help will be appreciated.

see:
1- Install latest version of VB.
2- Right Click, on a guest Icon -) Settings --> Network -> Bridged
Adapter (name wlan0)

For VMware, navigate to your Network properties (on the Host OS), select the gateway that you're connected to the Internet, right-click It and choose "Properties". In the Networking tab, make sure the "VMware Bridge Protocol" checkbox Is marked.

Also, In the VMware settings, make sure the "Bridged connect directly to the physical network" radio button Is selected. Just to be certain It's not a firewall Issue, can you connect If you disable the firewall altogether?

Quote:(08-01-2017, 09:24 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

see:
1- Install latest version of VB.
2- Right Click, on a guest Icon -) Settings --> Network -> Bridged
Adapter (name wlan0)

Quote:(08-01-2017, 03:32 PM)mothered Wrote:

For VMware, navigate to your Network properties (on the Host OS), select the gateway that you're connected to the Internet, right-click It and choose "Properties". In the Networking tab, make sure the "VMware Bridge Protocol" checkbox Is marked.

Also, In the VMware settings, make sure the "Bridged connect directly to the physical network" radio button Is selected. Just to be certain It's not a firewall Issue, can you connect If you disable the firewall altogether?

Thank you both, Mr. Kurd and Mothered for your inputs. I will try these when I have the time.

Regarding your question, Mothered. I am able to connect to the internet when I disable the firewall. I just configured the firewall in a way that nothing has Internet access unless I create an outbound rule for it like Firefox for example. However, with both VirtualBox and VMWare, it's different. I created rules for all the files within their directory but still cannot have Internet access unless I disable the firewall or create a rule to allow everything to have Internet access. Every other applications I created outbound rules for are working fine.

Quote:(08-02-2017, 02:53 AM)Asura Wrote:

Regarding your question, Mothered. I am able to connect to the internet when I disable the firewall. I just configured the firewall in a way that nothing has Internet access unless I create an outbound rule for it like Firefox for example. However, with both VirtualBox and VMWare, it's different. I created rules for all the files within their directory but still cannot have Internet access unless I disable the firewall or create a rule to allow everything to have Internet access. Every other applications I created outbound rules for are working fine.

So when you disable the Windows firewall entirely (on both the Host and Guest OSes), you still cannot connect to the net on your VMs correct?

Also, do you have any other active outbound gateways (example, VPNs and the like) communicating with the net? I'm just trying to establish that It Is In fact the "VM" that's the Issue, and not any other software/program/tool that's causing the lack of connectivity.

Quote:(08-02-2017, 04:58 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-02-2017, 02:53 AM)Asura Wrote:

So when you disable the Windows firewall entirely (on both the Host and Guest OSes), you still cannot connect to the net on your VMs correct?

Also, do you have any other active outbound gateways (example, VPNs and the like) communicating with the net? I'm just trying to establish that It Is In fact the "VM" that's the Issue, and not any other software/program/tool that's causing the lack of connectivity.

The guest OS' is left with default settings so it's still "fresh". I did not perform any configurations at all as of yet.

When I disable the firewall on the Host, I am able to connect to the Internet with the Guest OS. If I enable the firewall on the Host, the guest OS cannot connect to the net but the Host still can connect to the net along with the applications I have created outbound rules for on the Host. It's just with both VirtualBox and VMWare is what I am having issues with regarding net connectivity with the guest OS.

Apologies if my explanations are a bit unclear. I am trying the best of my abilities to provide the details. Nonetheless, thank you for your time and patience.

Quote:(08-02-2017, 06:39 AM)Asura Wrote:

The guest OS' is left with default settings so it's still "fresh". I did not perform any configurations at all as of yet.

When I disable the firewall on the Host, I am able to connect to the Internet with the Guest OS. If I enable the firewall on the Host, the guest OS cannot connect to the net but the Host still can connect to the net along with the applications I have created outbound rules for on the Host. It's just with both VirtualBox and VMWare is what I am having issues with regarding net connectivity with the guest OS.

Apologies if my explanations are a bit unclear. I am trying the best of my abilities to provide the details. Nonetheless, thank you for your time and patience.

No need to apologize, you've explained your situation perfectly clear.

So It seems like It's a firewall Issue (on the Host) that's preventing the Guest OS (VM) to connect to the net. Just adding to everything above, In the "Network and Sharing Center" (on the Host OS), enable all sharing options (network discovery, file and printer sharing etc) and see what happens. If need be, do the same on the Guest OS. Communication with the firewall on the Host Is not happening with the Guest (hence no Internet access on the VM), so I just want to make sure that all sharing options between the two have been exhausted.

Quote:(08-02-2017, 07:06 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-02-2017, 06:39 AM)Asura Wrote:

So It seems like It's a firewall Issue (on the Host) that's preventing the Guest OS (VM) to connect to the net. Just adding to everything above, In the "Network and Sharing Center" (on the Host OS), enable all sharing options (network discovery, file and printer sharing etc) and see what happens. If need be, do the same on the Guest OS. Communication with the firewall on the Host Is not happening with the Guest (hence no Internet access on the VM), so I just want to make sure that all sharing options between the two have been exhausted.

This solution has worked for me. For some odd reason, those were disabled. I probably have disabled them by accident. Thank you for your time with the assistance. Much appreciated.

Quote:(08-04-2017, 04:18 AM)Asura Wrote:

Quote: (08-02-2017, 07:06 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-02-2017, 06:39 AM)Asura Wrote:

This solution has worked for me. For some odd reason, those were disabled. I probably have disabled them by accident. Thank you for your time with the assistance. Much appreciated.

You're very welcome.

My objective was to exhaust all avenues, thereby work on a process of elimination scenario. I'm very happy It worked for you.