Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 372 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
When do you have to link Frameworks and Libraries to an XCode project?

Background: I started a test `Swift` project to understand and expand my knowledge on how to implement `CoreData` into my projects. And of course whenever I'm just testing and playing around with code, I always get sidetracked and seem to get stuck on some tangential topic. This one now being when is it necessary that you directly link a Framework or Library to an XCode project.

So how this came up... I'm creating subclasses of `NSManagedObject` for which I have to (write) `import CoreData` in my `Swift` file. And everything seems to be working perfect; no errors, warnings, etc. However when I check which frameworks and libraries are linked to my project in my "project and targets listing" none are listed. I then realize same goes for when you have to `import UIKit`. Obviously there's the option to directly link these frameworks but it doesn't seem it is necessary to do so.

So as for my question, are there default frameworks that don't have to be explicitly linked to XCode projects, or will I have to eventually link these frameworks when I package up my project for deployment? And if this is not the case, from a broader standpoint, when is it necessary to explicitly link Frameworks and Libraries to an XCode project?

Edit***

If all Apple frameworks are already automatically linked.... Then what is the point of having them available to add to your project. (Mind you, `CoreData.framework` wasn't originally linked explicitly like it is in the picture.)

[![Project Settings][1]][1]

[1]: