Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 255 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed

The most straightforward answer which worked for me was this

sudo apt-get install openssl ca-certificates

And voila!!!

OS X 10.8.x with Homebrew:

brew install curl-ca-bundle
brew list curl-ca-bundle
cp /usr/local/Cellar/curl-ca-bundle/1.87/share/ca-bundle.crt /usr/local/etc/openssl/cert.pem

I had trouble for a number of days and was hacking around. [This link][1] proved out to be extremely helpful for me. It helped me to do a successful upgrade of the SSL on MAC OS X 9.
<br>

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I ran into a similar problem when trying to use the JQuery generator for Rails 3

I solved it like this:

1. **Get the CURL Certificate Authority (CA) bundle.** You can do this with:
- `sudo port install curl-ca-bundle` [if you are using MacPorts]
- or just pull it down directly `wget

`

2. Execute the ruby code that is trying to verify the SSL certification: `SSL_CERT_FILE=/opt/local/etc/certs/cacert.pem rails generate jquery:install`. In your case, you want to either set this as an environment variable somewhere the server picks it up or add something like `ENV['SSL_CERT_FILE'] = /path/to/your/new/cacert.pem` in your environment.rb file.

You can also just install the CA files (I haven't tried this) to the OS -- there are lengthy instructions [here](

) -- this should work in a similar fashion, but I have not tried this personally.

Basically, the issue you are hitting is that some web service is responding with a certificate signed against a CA that OpenSSL cannot verify.

While knowing it's rather a lame solution, I'm still sharing this because it seems like very few people answering here use **Windows**, and I think some of Windows users (me included) would appreciate a simple and intuitive approach.

require 'openssl'
puts OpenSSL::X509::DEFAULT_CERT_FILE

That tells where your openssl is looking for the cert file. My name is not Luis, but mine was `C:/Users/Luis/Code/luislavena/knap-build/var/knapsack/software/x86-windows/openssl/1.0.0l/ssl/cert.pem`. The path may be different depending on each own environments (e.g. `openknapsack` instead of `luislavena`).

The path didn't change even after `set SSL_CERT_FILE=C:\foo\bar\baz\cert.pem` via the console, **so... I created the directory** `C:\Users\Luis\Code\luislavena\knap-build\var\knapsack\software\x86-windows\openssl\1.0.0l\ssl` in my local disk and put a cert file into it.

Lame as it is, this will surely work.

I ran into this issue and the suggested fix of `rvm osx-ssl-certs update all` did not work despite that I am an RVM user on OSX.

The fix that worked for me was re-installing the latest version of openssl:

brew update
brew remove openssl
brew install openssl

If you have a symbolic link in the /usr/local/etc/openssl pointing to cert.pem try to do this:

ruby -ropenssl -e "p OpenSSL::X509::DEFAULT_CERT_FILE" (should be /usr/local/etc/openssl)
cd /usr/local/etc/openssl
wget

ln -s cacert.pem 77ee3751.0 (77ee3751.0 is my symbolic link, should depend on the openssl version)

On Mac OS X Lion with the latest macport:

sudo port install curl-ca-bundle
export SSL_CERT_FILE=/opt/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt

Then, rerun the failed job.

Note, the cert file location seems to have changed since Eric G answered on May 12.

This can be the issue of the broken/invalid SSL certificates. On mac you can use this command to update the SSL certificates:

rvm osx-ssl-certs update all

I've try install `curl-ca-bundle` with `brew`, but the package is no available more:

$ brew install curl-ca-bundle
Error: No available formula for curl-ca-bundle
Searching formulae...
Searching taps...

The solution that worked to me on Mac was:

$ cd /usr/local/etc/openssl/certs/
$ sudo curl -O

Add this line in your `~/.bash_profile` (or `~/.zshrc` for zsh):

export SSL_CERT_FILE=/usr/local/etc/openssl/certs/cacert.pem

Then update your terminal:

$ source ~/.bash_profile