Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 322 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
Raspberry Pi

Well, now that I've ran into quite a considerable amount of cash, I've been looking at stuff to buy. The Raspberry Pi is one of those things. So I decided to start a discussion about it. If you do not know what the Raspberry Pi is, then please go check out

[To see links please register here]

For those of you who have one I would like to ask you what you use it for and what add-ons do you have for it?

Big fan of things like that. I have a few arduino boards I use for various things.

One serves as an automatic lightswitch, so when I enter my room the lights turn on, and when I leave they turn off. I'm currently working on making the other one into a "smart desk", if you will, by hooking it up to a touchscreen and sinking it into a cheap desk from Ikea.

If you know/want to know how to program functional things( like the above ), you should definitely get one. They're cheap. If you have no clue what you want to do, or what you need just to get started using an RPi or similar device, you should probably buy a pre-made starter's kit.

Quote:(07-27-2013, 05:59 AM)w00t Wrote:

Big fan of things like that. I have a few arduino boards I use for various things.

One serves as an automatic lightswitch, so when I enter my room the lights turn on, and when I leave they turn off. I'm currently working on making the other one into a "smart desk", if you will, by hooking it up to a touchscreen and sinking it into a cheap desk from Ikea.

If you know/want to know how to program functional things( like the above ), you should definitely get one. They're cheap. If you have no clue what you want to do, or what you need just to get started using an RPi or similar device, you should probably buy a pre-made starter's kit.

Wow that sounds really cool, any starter kits you recommend?

Quote:(07-27-2013, 06:58 AM)Oni Wrote:

That might just be the first constructive post I've seen you make. Am I mistaken? :tongue:

I'd say most of his posts have been constructive, just not usually nice (if taken the wrong way).

Quote:(07-27-2013, 05:59 AM)w00t Wrote:

That might just be the first constructive post I've seen you make. Am I mistaken?

Quote:(07-27-2013, 07:01 AM)Kinanizer Wrote:

I'd say most of his posts have been constructive, just not usually nice (if taken the wrong way).

True. Probably one of the first nice ones then.

Sorry to bring this up but this is a really interesting thread. Back to topic, I don't have one right now but I intend to purchase one in the near future. I intend to make it a dedicated music source to stuff my library on several SDXC's supported. I'm very much happy this was invented because this is a good starting point to learn programming languages.

I have handled numerous microcontrollers before so a credit card-sized computer is an exciting gadget/tool to tinker with. I'd also like to see if it could make a good low-space torrent seeder for some stuff I have. Let's see..

Quote:(08-25-2013, 03:01 PM)Euripides Wrote:

Sorry to bring this up but this is a really interesting thread. Back to topic, I don't have one right now but I intend to purchase one in the near future. I intend to make it a dedicated music source to stuff my library on several SDXC's supported. I'm very much happy this was invented because this is a good starting point to learn programming languages.

I have handled numerous microcontrollers before so a credit card-sized computer is an exciting gadget/tool to tinker with. I'd also like to see if it could make a good low-space torrent seeder for some stuff I have. Let's see..

That's actually a great idea. If I get one with a decent size SD card I could use it as a music file server. Thanks for the share.

Sadly I haven't been able to buy one yet, I'm hoping to buy one soon to setup as a media center.

Quote:(08-26-2013, 07:18 AM)Dogs Toy Wrote:

Sadly I haven't been able to buy one yet, I'm hoping to buy one soon to setup as a media center.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by media center?