Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 363 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Rails keeps telling me that it's not currently installed

I ran into this same issue and none of the answers given helped so I thought I'd share my solution in case it might be useful for someone else.

I was messing around with my `.profile` and `.bashrc` files and along the way I messed up my RVM install. Still not sure exactly what I did, but the fix was easy. Just had to run the following command, which cleans up all of your system path settings for RVM:

rvm get [head|stable] --auto-dotfiles

Note that if you're running an old version of RVM this may upgrade your setup, which may not be what you want.

Just had same problem and couldn't find an answer. Here's what I did:

**find current rails path**

$ which rails

returns something like this: /usr/local/rails

**Delete current version**:

$ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/rails
**Reinstall rails**

$ sudo gem install rails

I just reloaded my terminal

source ~/.bashrc

See:

[To see links please register here]

add `source ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm` to your `.bashrc` file if rails installs fine but then you get the error "rails is not currently installed". This frustrated me for a while but I found the answer here:

I had the same problem, I ended up deleting my .rvmrc `rvm --create --rvmrc 1.8.7@project` where the 1.8.7@project is whatever you want your ruby to be. cded in and out and it worked.

## Mac OS X, rbenv, and rails ##

I was getting the exact same issue but with `rbenv` rather than `rvm`. After verifying a correct .bash_profile.

### .bash_profile ###

export PATH="$HOME/.rbenv/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH"

eval "$(rbenv init -)"

### Restart the shell ###

exec $SHELL -l

### Check the path ###

echo $PATH

### Finally ###
I repeatedly installed and uninstalled rails but it was never placed in the .rbenv/bin directory after rbenv rehash. In the end I did a `find . -name rails` and uninstalled every gem that was returned and uninstalled rails. Then:

$ gem install rails
$ rbenv rehash

$ which rails
/Users/palmerc/.rbenv/shims/rails

I had the same issue and found that RVM was not showing as installed either if I tried the rvm command. All it took to fix both problems was running this command in the terminal

$ source ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm

If you're running a rails command *immediately after installing rails*, you will need to restart your terminal before your commands will be recognized.

I had the same problem but the solution above didn't help.

This was my scenario

rvm list

=> ree-1.8.7-2012.02 [ i686 ]
ruby-1.9.3-p125 [ x86_64 ]

which ruby
/Users/dev/.rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2012.02/bin/ruby
which rails
/usr/bin/rails
gem list --local
rails (3.2.8)
rails2_asset_pipeline (0.1.20)
railties (3.2.8)

rvm use ruby-1.9.3-p125
which ruby
/Users/dev/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p125/bin/ruby
which rails
/Users/dev/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p125/bin/rails

By uninstalling rails and railties and reinstalling rails when using ree my problem was resolved.

Hope this helps others in my situation, not sure how I got into it :S

I had this problem today. Not completely related to your question, but since this page is what comes up in Google when I search for *"Rails is not currently installed on this system"*, I thought I would add my answer:

What happened is that I was using ruby 1.9.2 with rails for a while, but then I needed to use ruby 1.8.7 to run some other script that I found.

Afterwards, I wanted to change by system back to using 1.9.2, and that's where the problem started:

$ rvm list

=> ruby-1.8.7-p352 [ x86_64 ]
ruby-1.9.2-p290 [ x86_64 ]

$ rvm use 1.9.2

I thought that would do the trick. But no, that gives me the *"Rails is not currently installed on this system"* message.

What I had forgotten is that I had configured rails using an rvm gemset. So I needed to specify the correct gemset when I was selecting which ruby version to make active.

$ rvm gemset list_all

gemsets for ruby-1.8.7-p352 (found in /Users/asgeo1/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p352)
global

gemsets for ruby-1.9.2-p290 (found in /Users/asgeo1/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290)
global
rails31

$ rvm use ruby-1.9.2-p290@rails31

That did the trick.