Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 606 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Police Fired for Playing Pokemon GO

Rather than respond to a call for backup during a robbery, two officers were busy trying to catch a Snorlax. This is only made funnier, because Snorlax is notorious for its laziness.

Quote:Los Angeles Police Department officers Louis Lozano and Eric Mitchell were fired for playing Pokémon GO instead of responding to a call regarding a robbery in progress on April 2017. This incident came to public attention when the former officers submitted a petition to the California Courts of Appeal. The court denied their appeal, as reported in an official court document filed last Friday.

According to the document, the former officers were working as partners on a foot beat patrol on April 15, 2017. When the patrol supervisor heard a call for a robbery in progress at Crenshaw Mall, he attempted to radio Lozano and Mitchell's unit for backup but received no response. Upon questioning, the officers lied that they had not heard the call. A digital in-car video system (DICVS) recording later revealed that not only had the unit received the call, it had been situated only a short distance from the scene of the crime.

The officers extensively discussed Pokémon GO during the beat, with Lozano declaring at one point that he was trying to catch a Snorlax. On the way to the Snorlax's location, Mitchell said that a Togetic "popped up," and the two agreed to hunt the Togetic together.

According to the report:

When their car stopped again, the DICVS recorded Mitchell saying, “Don't run away. Don't run away,” while Lozano described how he “buried it and ultra-balled” the Togetic before announcing, “Got him.” Mitchell advised he was “[s]till trying to catch it,” adding, “Holy crap, man. This thing is fighting the crap out of me.” Eventually Mitchell exclaimed, “Holy Crap. Finally,” apparently in reference to capturing the Togetic, and he remarked, “The[ ] guys are going to be so jealous.” Petitioners then agreed to return to the 7-Eleven (where Sergeant Gomez later met them) to end their watch. On the way, Mitchell remarked, “I got you a new Pokémon today, dude.”

Read More:

[To see links please register here]

Quote:Police Fired for Playing Pokemon GO
Hilarious, what a way to get fired.

I wonder how many other officers are guilty of It, but yet to be caught.

Its always nice to remember there are bigger screw ups out there. Makes me feel happy again

Hea just trying to catch them all.

wow. do i catch the criminals, or the snorlax? hmm... snorlax sounds like more fun

Quote:(01-14-2022, 05:28 AM)mothered Wrote:

What a hilarious way to get fired.

I'm curious how many other police have done the same thing but have yet to be caught.

Quote:(02-07-2022, 07:35 AM)jamesjordan Wrote:

Quote: (01-14-2022, 05:28 AM)mothered Wrote:

I'm curious how many other police have done the same thing but have yet to be caught.

Is there a reason you essentially copied exactly what Mothered wrote? xD

What a story! Although, idk if it would be as funny if you heard a surgeon at a hospital getting fired for playing pokemon go! "I'm very sorry to say, your husband died on the table this evening. However, I managed to ultra-ball and grab a Snorlax! Silver linings!!"

Quote:(02-07-2022, 08:39 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (02-07-2022, 07:35 AM)jamesjordan Wrote:

Quote: (01-14-2022, 05:28 AM)mothered Wrote:

Verbatim.

On-topic, the penalty may seem a little harsh to some people (a suspension would probably be appropriate) but their failure to respond to the call, could have led to something quite serious on the other end.

Quote:(02-07-2022, 11:00 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-07-2022, 08:39 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (02-07-2022, 07:35 AM)jamesjordan Wrote:

Verbatim.

On-topic, the penalty may seem a little harsh to some people (a suspension would probably be appropriate) but their failure to respond to the call, could have led to something quite serious on the other end.

I think the other side of it, is that it was very intentional behaviour. They opted to play a game over something that would really impact another person's life. There's also this massive distrust of police in the Western world at the moment. The higher ups would have to show they are "doing something".

I personally prefer people be given a chance to learn and change, and am abhorrently against the "cancel" mindset.

Quote:(02-07-2022, 04:22 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

I think the other side of it, is that it was very intentional behaviour. They opted to play a game over something that would really impact another person's life.
Agreed.

As supported by my comment below.
Quote:(02-07-2022, 11:00 AM)mothered Wrote:

but their failure to respond to the call, could have led to something quite serious on the other end.