Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 537 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
OverLight - available for Android!

OverLight is written in C#. It has a single code-base for all platforms, with a small platform-specific code segments using conditional compilation.

OverLight is written in C#. It has a single code-base for all platforms, with a small platform-specific code segments using conditional compilation.

With the right toolset you can. C# is a language after all, nothing stops anybody from writing a tool that will compile it to a specific platform that's not part of the original design from the author of the language. Programming language is a way to express some algorithms in a human-readable form, whether it will run on given platform is a question of existence of tools that will convert it into a what-ever language/data the target platform uses.

I didn't know that you could adapt C# code to function on so many platforms?

With the right toolset you can. C# is a language after all, nothing stops anybody from writing a tool that will compile it to a specific platform that's not part of the original design from the author of the language. Programming language is a way to express some algorithms in a human-readable form, whether it will run on given platform is a question of existence of tools that will convert it into a what-ever language/data the target platform uses.

Well to be honest i'm not the best programmer. I am working in C++ but haven't made anything noticeable with it yet. It was more that i thought that C# was only working with the .NET framework, and if I'm right the only platforms i know about is using it is Windows and Windows Phone?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't know that you could adapt C# code to function on so many platforms?

There's an opensource implementation of the .NET framework called Mono, which runs on many other platforms - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android or even iOS and the engine I'm using (Unity) utilizes Mono. It lacks about a version behind to the official .NET framework, but it's perfectly usable for many applications - after all, it's not like the previous version of the .NET framework was useless.

Technically you could also take just the C# language and use it by itself without .NET framework (which is a huge library that you can utilize in your applications), but you would have to write a lot of functionality yourself then by somehow interfacing it with the system and using the language to specify the algorithms. Or you could create your own library if you desired, so technically it's possible, I'm not sure if there are such tools available though.

Well to be honest i'm not the best programmer. I am working in C++ but haven't made anything noticeable with it yet. It was more that i thought that C# was only working with the .NET framework, and if I'm right the only platforms i know about is using it is Windows and Windows Phone?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for the explanation, you really teaching me some good stuff right now. I want to dive deeper into C++ since i really loves the structure of the language and usability (though you can make the same tools in other languages).

Please let me know if there are anything that i really should look into, besides the basic stuff i'm doing right now. I know how much knowledge you have, and i really enjoys your posts since they are always informative and of high quality.