Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 874 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Networking 101 - Topologies, OSI, TCP/IP Suite

[Image: JZPon1o.png]
Networking 101
Topologies, OSI model, the TCP/IP Suite
[Image: jQMcfFy.png]

This part of Networking will be a little more technical than the first, I'll try not to make it a complete lecture though. We'll be going trough more basic networking concepts that form the basis of what we'll be doing later on. Nothing more to say, jump in.

Topologies
Topologies? What the hell do they have to do with networks? Well, as with anything related to IT, there's a hardware side and a software side. Network topologies function on the physical, or hardware, part of the equation. Let's start.
First thing to know, different topologies (or network structures) have different pros and cons. It's because of these that we choose to use one over another and, in case of hacker-activity, it's because of these that we decide to attack in one way or in another.

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

[/hide]

TCP/IP Suite
What? Don't just freak out after seeing the title. It's much easier than you think.
TCP is a communication protocol, literally Transmission Control Protocol, and is used to connect various different devices on a network. It uses the Client/Server model I already explained by providing the client with whatever they ask from the server.
@MrSecurity already explained

but let's give it a go via an understandable example and a technical one:
I want to talk with someone so I call their name. They then turn around and say "Yeah, what's up?". At that point I start talking to them since we established a connection.
The same thing happens with networking where the client requesting communication with the server (me calling the person) is called the SYN Packet. Once the server receives this packet (they hear their name being called) it'll send the client a SYN-ACK Packet which means it's ready to communicate with the client. When our happy client receives the second packet ("Hey, what's up?") it sends a third and final ACK Packet to start the TCP communication. Easy diagram which makes everything much simpler:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Found it interesting but have some questions?

and I'll respond as quickly as possible if I feel like it.
Discussion is the basis of anything serious.

[Image: b9DKqYw.png][/hide]
[/hide]

This reminds me of my CCNA lessons. This is a good start if you want to know some basics about networking. Of course there is way more to networking than just this, but this thread definitly gives a good understanding (hence the 101) of how they layers work together and what layer does what.

This will come in handy for people who want to know a little bit about networking. Thank you for sharing this, very much appreciated. Would love to see more threads like this.

Quote:(04-05-2018, 12:33 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

Would love to see more threads like this.
Already on it.

Thank you for the guide, worth reading. <3