Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 892 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Is windows defender good enough for ransomeware ?

Quote:(09-21-2019, 06:33 PM)361724517 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (09-18-2019, 09:36 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2019, 02:19 PM)Whoami1 Wrote:

Windows defender and other antiviruses won't keep you 100% safe

This ^

Having antivirus, anti-exploit, anti-malware and anti-ransomware software actively monitoring your system, certainly helps prevent Intrusions but not In It's entirety.

Hitman Pro Alert has some great anti-exploit wrapper which protects current applications, and also some ransomware protection. But I havent tested the ransomware protection.

It did stop an exploit againt WaterFox though! So the anti-exploit might gaurd you from ever getting a ransomware in the first place.

Absolutely, Hitman Pro Is an excellent form of defense against a wide range of threats.

I'm using only windows defender till now. Thinking of purchasing avast or others.

Quote:(10-03-2019, 10:00 AM)switchblade0515 Wrote:

I'm using only windows defender till now. Thinking of purchasing avast or others.

Avast Premium Security, has the Ransomware Shield.

Malwarebytes Premium also has Ransomware protection. Both can run on the same system without compatibility Issues.

Quote:(01-09-2020, 04:27 AM)mothered Wrote:

Windows Defender has significantly Improved In Windows 10, however It does not prevent the majority of ransomware.

Agreed, I use windows defender in conjunction with Malwarebytes and common sense, never had an issue. In fact, I just bought a Malwarebytes premium key for my laptop because I have it for my desktop and it's well worth the few dollars I paid on shoppy.

Quote:(01-09-2020, 02:19 AM)KrissGer54 Wrote:

Yes, I think good! I've used Windows for a long time

Windows Defender has significantly Improved In Windows 10, however It does not prevent the majority of ransomware.

Quote:(01-09-2020, 04:43 AM)critikal17 Wrote:

Quote: (01-09-2020, 04:27 AM)mothered Wrote:

Agreed, I use windows defender in conjunction with Malwarebytes and common sense, never had an issue. In fact, I just bought a Malwarebytes premium key for my laptop because I have it for my desktop and it's well worth the few dollars I paid on shoppy.

Malwarebytes Is brilliant. I have It running on every system (7 In total).

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(01-09-2020, 05:17 AM)critikal17 Wrote:

Quote: (01-09-2020, 05:10 AM)mothered Wrote:

A while back, one of my test systems was Infected with an .exe hijacker which did exactly that- hijacked every executable file and rendered the lot useless. Every leading AV I tried (Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, Avira, ESET, Trend, McAfee etc) failed to detect the Infection, let alone remove It. Malwarebytes got rid of It within 5 minutes.

Same experience here. My mom (technologically illiterate) complained her computer was running slow, open her task manager to see like 40+ adwares and searchbar addons etc. She had norton at the time, which detected none of them. Not a single one. I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan, it caught every single one and tagged it as a PUP, then it was as simple as hitting uninstall on the lot.

I fully understand your mom's standpoint of not being technologically-minded. Same on my end.

The good thing about Malwarebytes, Is that It can run alongside any AV without compatibility Issues. As you're aware, be sure to keep It's Web, Exploit, Malware and Ransomware protection active at all times.

Quote:(01-09-2020, 05:10 AM)mothered Wrote:

A while back, one of my test systems was Infected with an .exe hijacker which did exactly that- hijacked every executable file and rendered the lot useless. Every leading AV I tried (Kaspersky, Norton, Avast, Avira, ESET, Trend, McAfee etc) failed to detect the Infection, let alone remove It. Malwarebytes got rid of It within 5 minutes.

Same experience here. My mom (technologically illiterate) complained her computer was running slow, open her task manager to see like 40+ adwares and searchbar addons etc. She had norton at the time, which detected none of them. Not a single one. I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan, it caught every single one and tagged it as a PUP, then it was as simple as hitting uninstall on the lot.

Quote:(01-17-2020, 09:32 PM)mishel743 Wrote:

and was offered to install Avast. I did it and everything is good.

I was using Norton for over a decade, but then switched to Avast. It's the best decision I've made.

In terms of It's overall functionality and detection/protection, does Avast serve you well?

Quote:(01-09-2020, 04:43 AM)critikal17 Wrote:

Quote: (01-09-2020, 04:27 AM)mothered Wrote:

Malwarebytes is always having official sales so it's well worth it to support the company I think. If it's cheap elsewhere, why not I guess. I had the same setup until Windows Defender kept deleting the file in my PDF acrobat pro that let me have it for free. It would not allow the exception I kept putting so I disabled it. I did like it otherwise :/