Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 526 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
How to run CocoaPods on Apple Silicon (M1)

I have a Flutter project that I'm trying to run on iOS. It runs normally on my Intel-based Mac, but on my new Apple Silicon-based M1 Mac it fails to install pods.

```
LoadError - dlsym(0x7f8926035eb0, Init_ffi_c): symbol not found - /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/ffi-1.13.1/lib/ffi_c.bundle
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/ffi-1.13.1/lib/ffi.rb:6:in `rescue in <top (required)>'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/ffi-1.13.1/lib/ffi.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/ethon-0.12.0/lib/ethon.rb:2:in `<top (required)>'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/typhoeus-1.4.0/lib/typhoeus.rb:2:in `<top (required)>'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/sources_manager.rb:74:in `cdn_url?'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/sources_manager.rb:36:in `create_source_with_url'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/sources_manager.rb:21:in `find_or_create_source_with_url'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer/analyzer.rb:178:in `block in sources'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer/analyzer.rb:177:in `map'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer/analyzer.rb:177:in `sources'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer/analyzer.rb:1073:in `block in resolve_dependencies'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/user_interface.rb:64:in `section'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer/analyzer.rb:1072:in `resolve_dependencies'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer/analyzer.rb:124:in `analyze'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:414:in `analyze'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:239:in `block in resolve_dependencies'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/user_interface.rb:64:in `section'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:238:in `resolve_dependencies'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:160:in `install!'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/command/install.rb:52:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/claide-1.0.3/lib/claide/command.rb:334:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/lib/cocoapods/command.rb:52:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.0/bin/pod:55:in `<top (required)>'
/usr/local/bin/pod:23:in `load'
/usr/local/bin/pod:23:in `<main>'
```

Based on a Github workaround, I tried to run Terminal using rosetta, but the issue remains the same:

[To see links please register here]

Realising it's still early for Macs with Apple Silicon. Is there a way to make this work for the time being?

I've been having the same issue. I did find that the cocoa pods UI app seems to work as expected.

Try $ sudo gem install ffi. It works fine for me.

this is what i got when trying to instal ffi in native terminal:

Fetching ffi-1.13.1.gem
Building native extensions. This could take a while...
ERROR: Error installing ffi:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

current directory: /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/ffi-1.13.1/ext/ffi_c

switching to Rosetta enabled terminal, installing "gem install cocoapods" fails on

You don't have write permissions for the /usr/bin directory.

but then installation of ffi was successful...

Finally solved it with

sudo gem install cocoapods -n /usr/local/bin

EDIT: I recently disabled Rosetta, and Cocoapods runs just fine with the addition of the ffi gem.

For anyone else struggling with this issue, I just found a way to solve it. In addition to running terminal in Rosetta:

1. Right-click on Terminal in Finder
2. Get Info
3. Open with Rosetta

I installed a gem that seems to be related to the symbol not found in the error:

sudo gem install ffi

After doing this, cocoapods runs as expected.

An alternative to running Terminal in Rosetta 2 is to set the architecture with ```arch -x86_64```, as in the following:

arch -x86_64 sudo gem install cocoapods -n /usr/local/bin

To give credit where it is due, I found this solution here

[MacPorts bug tracker, issue #61545][1], comment 7

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

If you are on an older project that needs to be ported over don't forget to update the project.pbxproj files in your Runner.xcodeproj and Pods.xcodeproj.

The IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET probably is still pointed towards 8.0

Update all occurrences as follows:
```
IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = 9.0;
```

I did get this problem after new dependencies (Firebase) where added to the repo. Was then able to do the sudo arch -x86_64 gem install ffi, but other problems remained after it.

My fix was:
**re-cloning the repo** and running it again.

*Setup: Xcode 12.4 Mac M1 react-native 63.4*

I had the same issue and this is what helped me. Open the terminal and type the below command :

arch -x86_64 sudo gem install ffi

**UPDATE 28th MARCH**

1- `arch -x86_64 sudo gem install cocoapods -n /usr/local/bin`

2- `arch -x86_64 sudo gem install ffi`

3- `pod install`

**No need to duplicate or Open with Rosetta**