Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 345 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
How to check app is installed or not in phone

I don't know how to check if app is installed or not on phone! Or when App is installed, open the app, otherwise open the Appstore link to download the app. I'm using **swift 3**. I want to do it using **app name** or **bundle identifier**.
Thank You!

func openApp(appName:String) {

let appName = "instagram"
let appScheme = "\(appName)://app"
let appUrl = URL(string: appScheme)

if UIApplication.shared.canOpenURL(appUrl! as URL) {
UIApplication.shared.open(appUrl!)
} else {
print("App not installed")
}

}

After looking into so many answers, i am writing a common code which will help for new users. If you have two mobile apps as App1 and App2, if you want to check in App2 that App1 is already installed in his device or not, here is code below.

1. In App1 add this property in info.plist file

`<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleURLName</key>
<string>com.companyName.App1</string>
<key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key>
<array>
<string>App1</string>
</array>
</dict>
</array>`

2. In App2 add this property in info.plist file

`<key>LSApplicationQueriesSchemes</key>
<array>
<string>App1</string>
</array>`

In App2 write the method to check if app is installed or not on phone! Or when App is installed, open the app, otherwise open the Appstore link to download the app as below.

func checkAndOpenApp(){
let app = UIApplication.shared
let appScheme = "App1://app"
if app.canOpenURL(URL(string: appScheme)!) {
print("App is install and can be opened")
let url = URL(string:appScheme)!
if #available(iOS 10.0, *) {
UIApplication.shared.open(url, options: [:], completionHandler: nil)
} else {
UIApplication.shared.openURL(url)
}
} else {
print("App in not installed. Go to AppStore")
if let url = URL(string: "https://apps.apple.com/us/app/App1/id1445847940?ls=1"),
UIApplication.shared.canOpenURL(url)
{
if #available(iOS 10.0, *) {
UIApplication.shared.open(url, options: [:], completionHandler: nil)
} else {
UIApplication.shared.openURL(url)
}
}
}
}

I hope it will help some one.

Swift 4.1. One developer can have more than one app on AppStore. So, I need to check if user has installed other apps or not by the same developer. I had Bundle ID's of other apps. Although you can use **Appname** instead of **Bundle Id**. So I followed the following steps.

1. In your current app add LSApplicationQueriesSchemes key of type Array in your info.plist file. Make entry of bundle id or Appname of app there which you want to open from your app.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

2. Other app should have their bundle id or Appname entry in that app URL Scheme.

[![enter image description here][2]][2]

3. In your current app check if that app in installed in iPhone or not and can open accordingly.

> let app = UIApplication.shared
> let bundleID = "some.Bundle.Id://"
> if app.canOpenURL(URL(string: bundleID)!) {
> print("App is install and can be opened")
> let url = URL(string:bundleID)!
> if #available(iOS 10.0, *) {
> UIApplication.shared.open(url, options: [:], completionHandler: nil)
> } else {
> UIApplication.shared.openURL(url)
> }
> } else {
> print("App in not installed. Go to AppStore")
> }

4. You can also test it from Safari browser. Just type the following in search bar

> URL_scheme:// or Bundle_Id://

If app is installed the it will show alert with Appname to open it in app.

[![enter image description here][3]][3]

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

first go to info.plist, add LSApplicationQueriesSchemes add an item and place instagram on that item. Now this code will run perfectly.

let appName = "instagram"
let appScheme = "\(appName)://"
let appUrl = URL(string: appScheme)

if UIApplication.shared.canOpenURL(appUrl! as URL)
{
UIApplication.shared.open(appUrl!)

} else {
print("App not installed")
}

Between the other answers and their comments, I'm getting the impression that the asker wants to be able to see if **any given** app is installed.

Beginning with iOS 9.0, that is not possible.

Apps for iOS 9 and later must have a list of requested URL schemes in the Info.plist before being allowed to use `canOpenURL:`. This is to protect user privacy, as advertisers were abusing this functionality in an arguably invasive fashion. (See [this excellent post](

[To see links please register here]

) for more details on those changes.)

Of course, that list is static and cannot be changed after build time or submission to the App Store. If Apple doesn't like the ones you chose, they have every right to reject it.

I'm afraid that what you're asking isn't possible within reason for iOS 9.0 and later.

Edit: I also want to make clear that an app's URL scheme may not necessarily match nicely with its name. (This is more of an issue of a badly named constant than a functional issue.) There used to be a giant list of known URI schemes with documentation for each, but poignantly and fittingly enough, it seems that the wiki hosting it has shut down.

This worked for me (Swift 3.0)

Below two inputs should be provided:

1. `<APP URL SCEHME>`: The URL Scheme of the app which you want to open
2. `<YOUR APP URL>`: The App Itunes URL

func openApp() {
let appURL = NSURL(string: "<APP URL SCHEME>")
if UIApplication.shared.canOpenURL(appURL as! URL) {
print("Opening App...")
}else {
UIApplication.shared.openURL(NSURL(string: "<YOUR APP URL>")! as URL)

}
}