Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 435 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
How to CnC a piece of work.

Firstly, we need to know what CnC is exactly. CnC is short for constructive criticism. Now I'm sure we can all assume that constructive criticism is a detailed review of a piece of work, correct? I sure hope so.

Anyways, CnC isn't saying, "Omg this is amazing 1000/10!!!!"
Does that rating do anything to help improve the artist? No, it doesn't. It only helps with boosting their egos, which is most cases, isn't a good idea because they usually end up getting shot down when they try to "own" the graphics section in my experience.

CnC, or constructive criticism isn't targetting a specific user or a specific group and stating everything that you think looks bad, either. That's flaming, quite a different subject.

An example of constructive criticism would be like this ...

The tag I'm CnC'ing
[Image: call_of_duty_by_the35thchamber-d5n4cd0.png]
created by The35thChamber

I like the way the render is sharpened enough to bring it out amongst the smudges, and how it blends in nicely. I also enjoy the text and how it doesn't distract the viewer from the main focal point, which is almost always the render used. However, there are a few down points to this piece. One in particular is the borders. Borders usually kill a piece of work. As an analogy, we'll use the bumpers when going bowling. It makes the piece look good, as would hitting a strike, but as soon as the borders are noticed, or the bumpers in bowling, it doesn't look too nice in the end. Another thing I don't like is the background smudging. The front looks nice, but the background doesn't look as neatly done.

Now, I know what you guys are all thinking.
[Image: Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown...80-330.jpg]

I'm not saying you have to write an entire paragraph on it. It could be as simple as this.

Cons:
- Bad depth
- The lighting is off
- The color is all over the place

Pros:
- The focal is well blended
- The flow is really
- C4D placement and manipulation is really well done

---------------------------------
And something to remember when accepting criticism, they're rating your work, not you. Don't get mad, don't rage. If you don't understand something kindly ask them to elaborate it. We all just want to become better designers right? Not egoistic kids.

A few links about CnC

[To see links please register here]

[To see links please register here]

I'll be sure to come back to this thread when ever someone post's a "RATE MAH GRAPHIC" thread. Thanks for the tut.

Thanks for this guide Soup