Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 780 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Does solr do web crawling?

I am interested to do web crawling. I was looking at `solr`.

Does `solr` do web crawling, or what are the steps to do web crawling?

Solr does not in of itself have a web crawling feature.

[**Nutch**][1] is the "de-facto" crawler (and then some) for Solr.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Def Nutch !
Nutch also has a basic web front end which will let you query your search results. You might not even need to bother with SOLR depending on your requirements. If you do a Nutch/SOLR combination you should be able to take advantage of the recent work done to integrate SOLR and Nutch ...

I have been using Nutch with Solr on my latest project and it seems to work quite nicely.

If you are using a Windows machine then I would strongly recommend following the '[No cygwin][1]' instructions given by Jason Riffel too!

[1]:

Yes, I agree with the other posts here, use Apache Nutch

> bin/nutch crawl urls -solr

-depth 3 -topN 5

Although your solr version has the match the correct version of Nutch, because older versions of solr stores the indices in a different format

Its tutorial:
[

][1]

[1]:

You might also want to take a look at

Very powerful crawler that is compatible with Solr.

I know it's been a while, but in case someone else is searching for a Solr crawler like me, there is a new open-source crawler called [Norconex HTTP Collector][1]

[1]:

Solr 5+ DOES in fact now do web crawling!

Older Solr versions do not do web crawling alone, as historically it's a search server that provides full text search capabilities. It builds on top of Lucene.

If you need to crawl web pages using another Solr project then you have a number of options including:

* Nutch - [

][3]
* Websphinx - [

][1]
* JSpider -

* Heritrix - [

][2]

If you want to make use of the search facilities provided by Lucene or SOLR you'll need to build indexes from the web crawl results.

See this also:

[

][4]

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

Solr 5 started supporting simple webcrawling ([Java Doc][1]). If want search, Solr is the tool, if you want to crawl, Nutch/Scrapy is better :)

To get it up and running, you can take a detail look at [here][2]. However, here is how to get it up and running in one line:

java
-classpath <pathtosolr>/dist/solr-core-5.4.1.jar
-Dauto=yes
-Dc=gettingstarted -> collection: gettingstarted
-Ddata=web -> web crawling and indexing
-Drecursive=3 -> go 3 levels deep
-Ddelay=0 -> for the impatient use 10+ for production
org.apache.solr.util.SimplePostTool -> SimplePostTool

-> a testing wordpress blog

The crawler here is very "naive" where you can find all the code from [this][3] Apache Solr's github repo.

Here is how the response looks like:

SimplePostTool version 5.0.0
Posting web pages to Solr url

Entering auto mode. Indexing pages with content-types corresponding to file endings xml,json,csv,pdf,doc,docx,ppt,pptx,xls,xlsx,odt,odp,ods,ott,otp,ots,rtf,htm,html,txt,log
SimplePostTool: WARNING: Never crawl an external web site faster than every 10 seconds, your IP will probably be blocked
Entering recursive mode, depth=3, delay=0s
Entering crawl at level 0 (1 links total, 1 new)
POSTed web resource

(depth: 0)
Entering crawl at level 1 (52 links total, 51 new)
POSTed web resource

(depth: 1)
Entering crawl at level 2 (266 links total, 215 new)
POSTed web resource

(depth: 2)
Entering crawl at level 3 (846 links total, 656 new)
POSTed web resource

(depth: 3)
SimplePostTool: WARNING: The URL

returned a HTTP result status of 302
423 web pages indexed.
COMMITting Solr index changes to

Time spent: 0:05:55.059

In the end, you can see all the data are indexed properly.
[![enter image description here][4]][4]

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

I know this question is quite old, but I'll respond anyway for the newcomer that will wonder here.

In order to use Solr, you can use a web crawler that is capable of storing documents in Solr.

For instance, The [Norconex HTTP Collector][1] is a flexible and powerful open-source web crawler that is compatible with Solr.

To use Solr with the Norconex HTTP Collector you will need the [Norconex HTTP Collector][1] which is used to crawl the website that you want to collect data from, and you will need to install the [Norconex Apache Solr Committer][2] to store collected documents into Solr. When the committer is installed, you will need to configure the XML configuration file of the crawler. I would recommend that you follow this [link][3] to get started test how the crawler works and [here][4] to know how to configure the configuration file. Finally, you will need this [link][5] to configure the committer section of the configuration file with Solr.

Note that if your goal is not to crawl web pages, Norconex also has a [Filesystem Collector][6] that can be used with the Sorl Committer as well.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

[5]:

[6]: