Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 532 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
C++ True Random Generator

Yes, random values may wind up being not random to a human viewer( repeated, etc ), but the odds of that happening significantly over hundreds of thousands of runs is miniscule. The testing for randomness is an interesting field.

I remember one test now {random}\nRand should equal maxRand / 2, with some percentage devation.

Of course, the reason that this particular example is bad has nothing to do with the randomness of the seed, it has to do with the predictability of the seed. The same problem is seen when using the pid as a seed. A malicious user can easily manipulate either one of these.

Quote:(12-15-2013, 10:42 PM)Night Owl Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Found on my old files tought it might be helpful to members

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

You should take a look on the .Net Lib for System.Security.Cryptography.RandomNumberGenerator :wink:

i don't know if you are coding for Win or for Unix, but it provides good (pseudo)random numbers ^^

so have a nice day
Azrael

Quote:(12-17-2013, 07:22 PM)Azrael Wrote:

You should take a look on the .Net Lib for System.Security.Cryptography.RandomNumberGenerator :wink:

i don't know if you are coding for Win or for Unix, but it provides good (pseudo)random numbers ^^

so have a nice day
Azrael

You propose a .NET method then proceed to ask about him coding in Windows or a Unix based system, and even after he has demonstrated that he is writing C, not any .NET language? I'm not sure what you're trying to point out...

Quote:(12-18-2013, 02:02 AM)cxS Wrote:

You propose a .NET method then proceed to ask about him coding in Windows or a Unix based system, and even after he has demonstrated that he is writing C, not any .NET language? I'm not sure what you're trying to point out...

Sorry, my thoughts are sometimes a bit confusing.

i wanted to point out that this class generates very good random numbers ^^
but untill that point i didn't thought about platforms, so when i realized it could be run anywhere i asked for the platform ^^

and as a little comment: .net is just managed code which can be used everywhere in any language on Windows (sadly mono isnt that complete as .net).

have a nice day
Azrael

Quote:(12-18-2013, 03:20 PM)Azrael Wrote:

Sorry, my thoughts are sometimes a bit confusing.

i wanted to point out that this class generates very good random numbers ^^
but untill that point i didn't thought about platforms, so when i realized it could be run anywhere i asked for the platform ^^

and as a little comment: .net is just managed code which can be used everywhere in any language on Windows (sadly mono isnt that complete as .net).

have a nice day
Azrael

I know, but it's still not going to be very useful for a C implementation. It's IL, and the only other parts you could get from such, is the strategy, and what methods are being natively called via P/invoke perhaps. I still wouldn't choose to take that path though by preference.

Quote:(12-19-2013, 05:35 AM)cxS Wrote:

I know, but it's still not going to be very useful for a C implementation. It's IL, and the only other parts you could get from such, is the strategy, and what methods are being natively called via P/invoke perhaps. I still wouldn't choose to take that path though by preference.

that might be true ^^