Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 294 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
tar Archiving Utility - Practical Examples | Linux

Tar program is the classic tool for archiving files. Its name, short for tape archive, reveals its roots as a tool for making backup tapes. Learn by watching me showing you practical examples of tar archiving utility.

Useful tip: Unless you are operating as the superuser, files and directories extracted from archives take on the ownership of the user performing the restoration, rather than the original owner.

I've got Linux running on multiple VMs (Tails OS, Whonix, MOFO Linux, Kodachi and many others), and your tutorials are of great benefit.

Windows Is my platform and has been for 20+ years. Although I basically know my way around Linux, It's guides like this that simply the bits and pieces (that are otherwise unknown to me) perfectly.
Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

Quote:(09-16-2017, 06:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I've got Linux running on multiple VMs (Tails OS, Whonix, MOFO Linux, Kodachi and many others), and your tutorials are of great benefit.

Windows Is my platform and has been for 20+ years. Although I basically know my way around Linux, It's guides like this that simply the bits and pieces (that are otherwise unknown to me) perfectly.

You have a good taste for Linux distributions, I must admit. I haven't used kodachi yet, can you tell me more about it, like what's the main difference between it and tails for example?
I too use windows, but still Linux is so much lighter, faster, reliable os for many reasons plus the writing commands in terminal must give you big satisfaction.

Quote:(09-16-2017, 08:00 AM)Cyber Warrior Wrote:

Quote: (09-16-2017, 06:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

You have a good taste for Linux distributions, I must admit. I haven't used kodachi yet, can you tell me more about it, like what's the main difference between it and tails for example?
I too use windows, but still Linux is so much lighter, faster, reliable os for many reasons plus the writing commands in terminal must give you big satisfaction. :wink:

Kodachi Is purely a live OS that (In my tests and experience) Is very stable and responsive. Although I'm running SSDs, It's boot time compared to the rest Is extremely fast and all features populate In no time at all.

It's built-In security and anonymity features are very Impressive ranging from VeraCrypt, DNSCrypt, exit node change (on Tor)- all of which Tails does not have natively. Of course It entails a lot more, I've just mentioned a few. Of all Linux OSes I've mentioned above, Kodachi Is my preference. Download the ISO and give It a shot, you won't be disappointed.

And thanks again for your guide here. I've used a lot of your tutorials as a point of reference.

Quote:(09-16-2017, 03:23 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (09-16-2017, 08:00 AM)Cyber Warrior Wrote:

Quote: (09-16-2017, 06:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

I too use windows, but still Linux is so much lighter, faster, reliable os for many reasons plus the writing commands in terminal must give you big satisfaction. :wink:

Kodachi Is purely a live OS that (In my tests and experience) Is very stable and responsive. Although I'm running SSDs, It's boot time compared to the rest Is extremely fast and all features populate In no time at all.

It's built-In security and anonymity features are very Impressive ranging from VeraCrypt, DNSCrypt, exit node change (on Tor)- all of which Tails does not have natively. Of course It entails a lot more, I've just mentioned a few. Of all Linux OSes I've mentioned above, Kodachi Is my preference. Download the ISO and give It a shot, you won't be disappointed.

And thanks again for your guide here. I've used a lot of your tutorials as a point of reference.

Sounds very interesting, as soon as I take free time, I'm definitely going to check Kodachi. I'm always willing to try new distro, who knows maybe I make one on my own in the future. I tried tails already, seems okay. Not that I have worked a lot with it, but still...

Yeah sure my friend, I'm glad that my tutorials come in handy to other IT enthusiast, always appreciate a kind words for my work no matter how tiny it is.

Quote:(09-16-2017, 04:21 PM)Cyber Warrior Wrote:

Sounds very interesting, as soon as I take free time, I'm definitely going to check Kodachi. I'm always willing to try new distro, who knows maybe I make one on my own in the future. I tried tails already, seems okay. Not that I have worked a lot with it, but still...

Yeah sure my friend, I'm glad that my tutorials come in handy to other IT enthusiast, always appreciate a kind words for my work no matter how tiny it is. :wink:

You're always welcome my friend. I too, appreciate quality tutorials and this certainly falls In that criteria.

Once you boot with Kodachi (VM or physical system), It loads Into It's environment very quick and so too Is It's functionality. You're pretty much elite with the Linux platform, so It'll be great to read your thoughts.