Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 688 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
Anyone know any bulletproof vpns

Quote:(08-10-2017, 12:22 AM)Sav3ge Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (08-09-2017, 11:33 PM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-09-2017, 08:12 PM)Sav3ge Wrote:

So I've been using tor to help me be somewhat untraceable, but know as I'm seeing people using Tor being tracked down more and more I'm deciding to invest in a bulletproof vpn.
I don't want one that's really expensive I just need one that will keep me safe. Thanks for any help. :smile:

Could you please give examples of people using Tor being tracked down? If you are referring to the recent market takedowns that is not a fault of tor, but rather a fault of their own. Which a bulletproof vpn would not make better.

Yes I am referring to the market take-downs. I just want a bulletproof vpn for my own personal use.

Reason for market takedown:
- Alphabay: During investigations, authorities found [email protected] in the header of emails sent to users of AlphaBay who had forgotten their passwords. They were able to eventually trace that address to their man, Alexandre Cazes.
- Hansa: Can't remember hanza it was a fault of his own. Can find it later

Quote:(08-10-2017, 12:22 AM)Sav3ge Wrote:

Quote: (08-09-2017, 08:12 PM)Sav3ge Wrote:

So I've been using tor to help me be somewhat untraceable, but know as I'm seeing people using Tor being tracked down more and more I'm deciding to invest in a bulletproof vpn.
I don't want one that's really expensive I just need one that will keep me safe. Thanks for any help. :smile:

Could you please give examples of people using Tor being tracked down? If you are referring to the recent market takedowns that is not a fault of tor, but rather a fault of their own. Which a bulletproof vpn would not make better.

Yes I am referring to the market take-downs. I just want a bulletproof vpn for my own personal use.

The recent market takedowns happened because the administrators messed up their OPSEC, it had nothing to do with Tor at all (as far as I'm aware, at least).

It is possible to reveal the identity of a Tor user if you are in control of the exit nodes, though, but that takes a lot of time and resources, so unless you're the owner of the largest darknet market, no one will even bother putting that much effort into hunting you down.

Quote:(08-11-2017, 10:11 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

Quote: (08-10-2017, 12:22 AM)Sav3ge Wrote:

The recent market takedowns happened because the administrators messed up their OPSEC, it had nothing to do with Tor at all (as far as I'm aware, at least).

It is possible to reveal the identity of a Tor user if you are in control of the exit nodes, though, but that takes a lot of time and resources, so unless you're the owner of the largest darknet market, no one will even bother putting that much effort into hunting you down.
I have also heard that it was the OPSEC and nothing to do with tor. As mentioned previously

The exit node wouldn't allow you to reveal the identity of the user would it?

Quote:(08-11-2017, 10:56 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 10:42 PM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 10:11 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

I have also heard that it was the OPSEC and nothing to do with tor. As mentioned previously

I think so, yes. Or well, not your actual real life identity, but I believe you can find out the real IP address of the user.
I suggest you read

article if you would like to learn more about how it's done.

Just read the article. And this is one of the things it said.
When traffic emerges from an exit node, its origin is well concealed but the data itself is outside the protective umbrella of Tor’s encryption

Which means, that you can't identify the user unless you have access to all the 3 nodes that the user is connecting through. But the exit node can read all the information the website received. Which means that if a user sends something that is not encrypted to the website, that data would be leaked. So I think the thing to keep in mind, is if you are actually going to stay on tor and use it. Make sure you don't have any information that is connected to your real identity.

Quote:(08-11-2017, 10:42 PM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 10:11 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

Quote: (08-10-2017, 12:22 AM)Sav3ge Wrote:

I think so, yes. Or well, not your actual real life identity, but I believe you can find out the real IP address of the user.
I suggest you read

Quote:(08-11-2017, 11:04 PM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 10:56 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 10:42 PM)Sikom Wrote:

I suggest you read

When traffic emerges from an exit node, its origin is well concealed but the data itself is outside the protective umbrella of Tor’s encryption

Which means, that you can't identify the user unless you have access to all the 3 nodes that the user is connecting through. But the exit node can read all the information the website received. Which means that if a user sends something that is not encrypted to the website, that data would be leaked. So I think the thing to keep in mind, is if you are actually going to stay on tor and use it. Make sure you don't have any information that is connected to your real identity.

You're probably right about that. To be honest I haven't really dug that deep into it, I've just heard people talk about it here and there.
But as you mentioned earlier, the reason Alexandre Cazes was caught was because of an OPSEC slipup, so I guess that is the main thing you have to be cautious about while using Tor.

Quote:(08-11-2017, 11:15 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 11:04 PM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 10:56 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

I suggest you read

You're probably right about that. To be honest I haven't really dug that deep into it, I've just heard people talk about it here and there.
But as you mentioned earlier, the reason Alexandre Cazes was caught was because of an OPSEC slipup, so I guess that is the main thing you have to be cautious about while using Tor.

Found this, it might be an interesting read.

Summary of the capture:
the TOR technology was not breached according to the Dutch Police
copies of login passwords were made and tried with their respective usernames on other darknet markets
buyers addresses were copied if they had lazily checked the “encrypt” checkbox and not used PGP
PGP keys were switched and funds were thus redirected from the sellers to the public prosecutor
This ranks as one of the most successful coordinated takedowns against cybercrime in recent years

Executive Director Rob Wainwright of Europol.

Quote:(08-12-2017, 12:05 AM)Sikom Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 11:15 PM)Nightmare Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2017, 11:04 PM)Sikom Wrote:

Found this, it might be an interesting read.

Summary of the capture:
the TOR technology was not breached according to the Dutch Police
copies of login passwords were made and tried with their respective usernames on other darknet markets
buyers addresses were copied if they had lazily checked the “encrypt” checkbox and not used PGP
PGP keys were switched and funds were thus redirected from the sellers to the public prosecutor
This ranks as one of the most successful coordinated takedowns against cybercrime in recent years

Executive Director Rob Wainwright of Europol.

Thanks, but I knew that already actually. That's not about how they managed to take control over the site itself, though, but how they caught some of the users.
As far as I'm aware they haven't mentioned anything about how they were able to take full control of Hansa Market in the first place.

Tor is actually very safe if used correctly. But privateinternetaccess is a good VPN if you need one. Really the only thing a VPN is useful for (anonymity wise) is preventing your ISP from knowing that you're using Tor.

Quote:(08-09-2017, 08:12 PM)Sav3ge Wrote:

You should never rely on the security of a single VPN provider. It's a single point of failure. Even if such provider was trusted at any given point, they could get subpoenaed and be actively supporting a law enforcement investigation.

Another problem is your own OPSEC and configuration of your endpoint/browser, so it does not leak your location.

For maximized privacy/security, I recommend using Whoix distribution (it requires two systems: client and gateway), which minimizes leaks of your IP, even if you have enabled java script and/or flash. In addition, use VPN over TOR. Just make sure to sign up for the VPN service over TOR and pay with BTC to avoid having the real-life identity linked to it.