Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 867 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
Tokyo Ghoul [Manga Review]

Hello lad/lass, if you're looking for an easy way to get access to some nudes you're probably in the wrong place. But hey, don't let that stop you from pretending to care, sit down and take a gander! Welcome to my manga review of Tokyo Ghoul, a manga where the writer makes you feel bad about eating your steak cooked rare. Without further adieu, let's get to it!

Synopsis
"Strange murders are happening in Tokyo. Due to liquid evidence at the scene, the police conclude the attacks are the results of 'eater' type ghouls. College buddies Kaneki and Hide come up with the idea that ghouls are imitating humans so that's why they haven't ever seen one. Little did they know that their theory may very well become reality."

Source:

[To see links please register here]

Plot
The overall plot of Tokyo Ghoul is pretty simple if you take it at face value. Guy gets turned into a ghoul, and is forced to overcome and control his new cannibalistic urges. While the idea isn't particularly original as seen in any other manga that has the main character becoming part "enemy of humanity", the way Sui Ishida writes the constant war between Kaneki's new diet problems and his normal human life is very fresh and unique. This escalates into a ménage à trois battle between the human government, the vicious ghouls that wish to consume and control humans, and the peace-seeking ghouls. With intense moments of action that are tempered with the daily life of the large cast, Tokyo Ghoul's plot works best due to the juxtaposition of the two.

I give it 9/10 bananas.

Characters

Character design is where Ishida truly shines. Each major character (and many minor characters) holds an evolving character trait that they deal with as the series goes on. Many of the antagonists are actually anti-villains, and often times especially with the human investigators are down right heroes from humanity's perspective. Kaneki's evolution as a protagonist is especially satisfying as he eventually comes with terms with his ghoul nature and becomes a complete bad-ass. As a protagonist, he himself is very likeable, if of a meek nature in the beginning of the manga. Think Shinji Ikari if he didn't constantly whine about robots and didn't do that thing with comatose Asuka. However, he eventually grows out of his naive nature and does the right thing. WHICH IS EAT PEOPLE

[Image: tumblr_lndq7aCwlP1qaw6ueo1_500.png]
I give the characters a 10/10 faps.

Action

Action scenes are very intense, but they do tend to get messy. Ishida likes to draw heavy motion lines in action scenes, but sometimes overdoes it to the point where you cannot distinguish what is happening. The actual combat, however is very interesting. The ghouls themselves have a rough rock-paper-system that is based on the way their kagune manifests, which is their predatory organ that functions as their weapon to hunt. The designs of the weapons and of the ghouls' kagune is unique and helps to make the actual fighting work well.

I give the action a 8/10, with two points subtracted for the messy presentation.

Art

The art style is refreshing from the tradition moe blob shit. That being said, the art does have some inconsistent periods. It goes from heavily detailed to my art. MY ART. But it's not too bad on the eyes, except for some scenes where you can get distracted by the quality. Slightly unrelated, but the anime is done by Pierrot, known for their work (or lack of) on the Naruto anime.

The art gets 7/10 Naruto's from me.

[Image: kouda-collage.jpg]
Picture is me.
Final Thoughts
At the end of the day, Tokyo Ghoul is simply a manga with flaws just like the human and non-human characters it depicts. Yet despite the small problems, it simply powers through and is simply an entertaining narrative with plenty of room for deep thought, yet still offers simple pleasures such as great fights and characters to grow to love and hate. While Tokyo Ghoul isn't for those who can't deal with any gore or those who got really freaked out by Hannibal Lector, I would recommend it to everyone reading this right now.

I give it.... 9.5/10. SURPRISE

[Image: 339px-Volume_07.jpg]

I like this review, a lot. Make more, I want more. More.

I've watched some episodes of the anime. It looks interesting. I'll have to catch up on the manga. Good review buddy.

Quote:(09-04-2014, 07:41 AM)MiS Wrote:

You should make a review yourself, qtmi.

Let's not get offtopic, so lets put it simply. I'm shit at writing.

Quote:(09-04-2014, 07:37 AM)Yagmi Wrote:

You should make a review yourself, qtmi.

I've yet to watch or read Tokyo Ghoul, sadly.

Quote:(09-04-2014, 07:46 AM)Yagmi Wrote:

Let's not get offtopic, so lets put it simply. I'm shit at writing.

But you're good at making things look nice, just look at the Doujin Repository Thread ~

Quote:(09-04-2014, 07:37 AM)Yagmi Wrote:

S-stop it senpai, you're making me blush~

Let me know if you wish to have this added to my archive.

Quote:(09-07-2014, 10:49 PM)Tarew Wrote:

Let me know if you wish to have this added to my archive.

Please do, my good friend! It would be an honor.