Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 367 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Review of 'Beelzebub'

Welcome to my review of the anime, Beelzebub. This anime finished airing March 25, 2012 at a grand total of 60 episodes. As I like to say in every review I make, this is just my opinion on the series and solely mine, you guys may have a different opinion on the series.

Synopsis
The story follows the "strongest juvenile delinquent", Tatsumi Oga, a first year in "Ishiyama High" the school for delinquents. One day while sleeping next to a river he sees a man floating down it, he pulls him to shore and the man splits in half revealing a baby boy. This boy is the son of the demon king and he has been chosen as the one to raise it with the baby's demon maid Hilda. The story follows his life with the child and at the delinquent school.

Source:

[To see links please register here]

Plot
The plot of the series pretty much just revolves around Oga and his adventures with his friends and Baby Beel. At the beginning of the show, it is all about Oga trying to learn how to raise the baby, and not really knowing much about it, but as the story progresses, you learn more and more about the backstory of the Demon World and what not. Quite a bit of the plot just has a 'filler-ish' feeling to it, kind of like the plot wasn;'t fully thought through and it was just kind of pieced together as they went along with the show. As a final mark for the plot only, I give it a 5/10. The plot bored me quite a bit at some parts and half way through the show just ended up sitting in my bookmarks as the show was just a bunch of fillers with a little bit of action.

Characters
The characters in Beelzebub are quite unique, unlike some shows that follow the usual character scheme. The creators of Beelzebub obviously put a fair bit of thinking and brain-storming into the main characters of the show such as Oga or Hilda. But towards the end of the show there was an abundance of new characters showing up, and they barely even got a plot, just saying who they worked for and what they were trying to do, no back story to them or anything. I really liked the main characters that you saw at the start, but the show just really didn't have it in it to make interesting characters for a full 60 episode series. Overall, this series gets a total of 7/10 for its attempt at making interesting characters, but failing towards the end.

Action
The action that this anime has isn't bad, but there is very little amounts of it and usually it is just Oga punching someone and then it's over. I really enjoy when it's an actual fight like something you'd see in a shonen, and it is exciting and keeps me on the edge of my seat, but those fights rarely come around. Overall, I give the fights a 4/10. There was one real fight that I really enjoyed, but the rest were either bad, short or just not entertaining because of how one sided some of the fights are.

Audio
Not much to really say about the Audio in this because there is a bit of an absense of music and the voice work in this anime was pretty sub-par if you ask me. I give it a 6/10 because for some songs you can tell they put in effort.

Animation
The animation is one of the few strong points this series has. For example, towards the end of the series, there is an extremely large dragon flying around, and just looking at it is amazing. The artists put a lot of effort into this show, and really picked up the pace for the other sections of the show that were obviously lacking. The show was extremely appealing to the eye so I give the artists a solid 9/10 for their really good work on Beelzebub!

Final Thoughts
The start of the show came out very strong and I really enjoyed it, but in the end of the show (last 20ish episodes) it really fell of and it didn't keep me entertained to the point that I actively wanted to watch it, but if you do have a little bit of spare time this is the type of show that you can pick up for a little bit, enjoy and then set back down. For a final mark, this show gets a 6.5/10, they put in effort but it just wasn't enough for this to be a really good show.

P.S: I know this review was a little lacking compared to all the other reviews I have written, but this isn't really a show that I have to say much about! Sorry!

Quote:(06-28-2014, 07:36 AM)MiS Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Hooray for critical ratings! I really appreciate this review in particular because it's one of the few that hasn't scored an 8 or 9, at least according to your Reviews Archive. I think it's important to note giving your thoughts on any series in particular, not just ones we liked or enjoyed.

Yeah, a lot of the scores are make the series out to be really good in the archive, but I can't really change them because I didn't write the review. I enjoy writing the reviews and I just finished Beelzebub a little bit ago and figured I may as well write my rating on it!

Hooray for critical ratings! I really appreciate this review in particular because it's one of the few that hasn't scored an 8 or 9, at least according to your Reviews Archive. I think it's important to note giving your thoughts on any series in particular, not just ones we liked or enjoyed.

Thanks Atmos- I mean Tarew. Great review, ill hafta add it to my list. Love me a good comedy.