Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 306 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Angular: Cannot Get /

I am trying to open, build and run someone else's Angular 4 project but I am not able to view the project when I run it my way. I don't see what is going wrong or what I should do now. I already had everything in place to use NPM and NodeJS

The steps I took were:

- Open up the project
- npm install
- ng serve

The project compiles the right way. (I have an own Angular app and I know how this looks like) The console is showing:
>'** NG Live Development Server is listening on localhost:4200, open your browser on

[To see links please register here]

**'.

Then, when I opened up a web browser, I navigated to localhost:4200 and a web page with the following text were shown:
> 'Cannot GET /'

And on the console was the following text:
> 'GET

[To see links please register here]

404 (Not Found)'

The project should work fine but I am not able to navigate to a working URL on the web page. Routing is set-up another way as I am used to doing this. In app.module.ts the following is implemented:

app.module.ts

const appRoutes: Routes = [
{ path: '', redirectTo: 'tree', pathMatch: 'full' },
{ path: 'admin', component: AdminPanelComponent, canActivate: [AuthGuard],
children: [{path:'', component: PanelComponent},{path: 'add', component:
AddTreeComponent}, {path:'manage-trees', component:ManageTreesComponent},
{path:'manage-users', component: ManageUsersComponent}, {path:'view-trees',
component: ViewTreeComponent}]},
{path:'tree', component: TreeComponent},
{path:'error', component: ErrorComponent},
{path:'unauthorized', component: UnauthorizedComponent},
{path:'login', component: LoginComponent},
{path:'entire-tree', component: EntireTreeComponent},
{ path: '**', component: PageNotFoundComponent },
];

Also opening up a web page like; localhost:4200/tree does not work. When I let angular stop serving the web page, the web page displays: "this site can't be reached'. So I think there is running something at localhost:4200... Also, another project of this person behaves the same way.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

Does anybody know what is going on?

**EDIT**

app.module.ts

RouterModule.forRoot(appRoutes, { useHash: true })

Package.json

{
"name": "xxx",
"version": "0.0.0",
"license": "MIT",
"scripts": {
"ng": "ng",
"start": "ng serve",
"build": "ng build",
"test": "ng test",
"lint": "ng lint",
"e2e": "ng e2e"
},
"private": true,
"dependencies": {
"@angular/animations": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/common": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/compiler": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/core": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/forms": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/http": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/platform-browser": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/platform-browser-dynamic": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/router": "^4.0.0",
"angular-oauth2-oidc": "^1.0.20",
"angular-polyfills": "^1.0.1",
"angular2-jwt": "^0.2.3",
"angular2-spinner": "^1.0.10",
"bootstrap": "^3.3.7",
"core-js": "^2.4.1",
"ngx-bootstrap": "^1.8.0",
"rxjs": "^5.1.0",
"zone.js": "^0.8.4"
},
"devDependencies": {
"@angular/cli": "1.2.4",
"@angular/compiler-cli": "^4.0.0",
"@angular/language-service": "^4.0.0",
"@types/jasmine": "2.5.45",
"@types/node": "~6.0.60",
"codelyzer": "~3.0.1",
"jasmine-core": "~2.6.2",
"jasmine-spec-reporter": "~4.1.0",
"karma": "~1.7.0",
"karma-chrome-launcher": "~2.1.1",
"karma-cli": "~1.0.1",
"karma-jasmine": "~1.1.0",
"karma-jasmine-html-reporter": "^0.2.2",
"karma-coverage-istanbul-reporter": "^1.2.1",
"protractor": "~5.1.2",
"ts-node": "~3.0.4",
"tslint": "~5.3.2",
"typescript": "~2.3.3"
}
}

I also see an icon next to the tab name with the label: "Error".

**OBSERVATION:**

New observation:

After I ran `npm install -g angular-cli` I wasn't able to run `ng serve`. (You have to be inside an angular-cli project in order to use the build command after reinstall of angular-cli)

Then I ran `npm install -g @angular/cli@latest` and I was able to use `ng serve` again.

**OBSERVATION 2:**

After building the app with: 'ng build ...' there is no index.html in the 'dist' folder... When I set the website online, there is just a folder structure instead of a nice website. I think that's because there is no index.html.

[1]:

Check if in `index.html` base is set

<head>
<base href="/">
</head>

The problem was that I ran the commands within the folder `/project/src/app`. Navigating back to the project folder so to `/project` and running `ng serve` from there solved my problem.

For me it also was problem with path, but I had percentage sign in the root folder.

After I **replaced %20 with space**, it started to work :)

I was using `export class TestCalendar implements OnInit{}` but i did not write the function

ngOnInit() {
/* Display initial */
}
. After running the command `ng serve` , i found out that i was not using `ngOnInit(){}` . Once i implemented, it started working fine. Hope it helps someone.

I was referring to one of my provider with two different casing. One of them was wrong but only the webpack compiler was complaining. I had to step into the ClientApp folder and use ng build or ng serve to see the errors. (ASP.NET Core SPA with Angular 5)

I had the same error caused by build errors. I ran ng build in the directory of my application which helped me correct my errors

I had the same problem with an Angular 6+ app and ASP.NET Core 2.0

I had just previously tried to change the Angular app from CSS to SCSS.

My solution was to go to the `src/angularApp` folder and running `ng serve`. This helped me realize that I had missed changing the `src/styles.css` file to `src/styles.scss`

For me the issue was that my local CLI was not the same version as my global CLI - updating it by running the following command solved the problem:

npm install --save-dev @angular/cli@latest

Generally it is a versioning issue. Node.js v8 cannot compile with angular-cli 6.0 or later. angularcli v6 and above will work for lastest node versions. Please make sure if your node version is v8, then you need to install angular-cli upto 1.7.4.
enter ng -v command in cmd and check the cli and node versions.