Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 900 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Programming Challenge - Matrix Inversion

So I'm creating a programming challenge for the members at AF. :smile:

This challenge is open to anybody and everybody, including myself. The challenge is to find the inverse of a matrix. You can do this using a one dimentional array if you want, but I will be using a 2D array most likely...

All submissions that will be credited /graded by myself, must accurately be able to perform the operations necessary for inverting and displaying the inverted matrix. I would suggest using a console application for this...

Requirements:
  • 1. Must be able to solve at least, up to a 5x5 matrix; finding its inverse.
    2. This must be your own work!
    3. Source must be provided in a PM to me, and keep in mind I will post all submission source codes in the thread when the deadline is hit.[/*]

* Inverses that have fractions are an optional requirement here.

You will receive a grade, 0-100%, along with reasons publicly visible for why you were docked marks. And your username will be listed in the applicant's list below.

Other links:
-

[To see links please register here]

-

-

Begin!

Submissions:
  • - N/A[/*]

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I love python

The numpy module is not your own works though..

Guess nobody is actually going to try this?.

I think its a cool challenge, but I won't be able to do it. I hope someone tries.

Isn't this just simple arithmetics?

Quote:(03-08-2013, 11:38 AM)The Anarchist Wrote:

Isn't this just simple arithmetics?

It involves algorithms and linear algebra, not quite the simplest, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. With finding an inverse of a matrix there is a recursive call that can be made for the sub matrix calculations.

"simple" however is a bit of a modest term here for finding the inverse of a matrix. Especially when it comes to fractions. Datatypes are limited, so how would you keep an accurate value for say 5/7 or 1/3 in a programming language? (I know a few ways, but this is just to get you thinking of the possible difficulties here.)

I would like to see that some people are attempting though, rather than myself being the only one to submit an entry... Otherwise i'm going to have to make an easier challenge.