Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 539 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
[Release] Password Cracker

[Release] Password Cracker
Introduction
This is a password cracker that cracks MD5 hashes and SHA1 hashes using a dictionary attack. It uses Streamreader and it's threaded and double buffered for optimized performance. It does not support salted passwords but it might in the future. Algorithm is auto-detected based on length. And you may only crack one password at the time. There is a basic password dictionary included. I will probably release the source soon. Oh and the theme used in this project is called Influence Theme. Do keep in mind that this is not for serious usage, most hashes have salt or have a more complex hashing algorithm.

Screenshots
[Image: iYynFIVYJuXtO.jpg]
[Image: ibtsVvNXhVUUH9.jpg]
Virus scan

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

URL:

Download

Great share! Downloading now.

Pretty simple program, I like the theme!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for this. This is a great share for the users who like to SQL inject sites. (Since some of the passwords are md5.)

Thanks ! Going to decrypt a sha1 pass right away!

Quote:(03-11-2013, 06:25 AM)Processor Wrote:

Thanks ! Going to decrypt a sha1 pass right away!

Let me know how it goes!

Quote:This is a password cracker that cracks MD5 hashes and SHA1 hashes using a dictionary attack. It uses Streamreader and it's threaded and double buffered for optimized performance. It does not support salted passwords but it might in the future. Algorithm is auto-detected based on length. And you may only crack one password at the time. There is a basic password dictionary included. I will probably release the source soon. Oh and the theme used in this project is called Influence Theme. Do keep in mind that this is not for serious usage, most hashes have salt or have a more complex hashing algorithm.

DoubleBuffered won't change anything performance-wise for the actual cracking, that is irrelevant. But salt vs non-salted hash does not make a difference either, It's still a hash. The only possible trouble you can run into here (salt or non-salted hash doesn't matter), is that you run into an MD5 collision that isn't the intended plain text value. Pretty uncommon though..

"most hashes have salt or have a more complex hashing algorithm" - If it's MD5, MD5 will always be just MD5 and same thing with SHA1. So if you know what you're dealing with it doesn't matter.

There's no error handling here though, what if the person presses the cancel button on the OpenFileDialog?

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

You can prevent it from doing anything on a second click if the first thread is still processing stuff...

"Algorithm is auto-detected based on length." - This is poor though, you don't want to be evaluating this every iteration with the streamreader, how about before you start looping? If you have to evaluate this each time, it just slows things down for something that is meant to be fast and optimized; cracking.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

You're not disposing of your reasources for the MD5 and SHA1 hash retrieval though either. Although the "building" of the hexed byte values for the hash is slow the way you're doing it too.

Many ways this could be sped up, although I'm not sure you understand what the Using statement does if you're calling to Close() the StreamReader just before it closes...

Quote:(03-12-2013, 06:21 AM)cxS Wrote:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

You can prevent it from doing anything on a second click if the first thread is still processing stuff...

"Algorithm is auto-detected based on length." - This is poor though, you don't want to be evaluating this every iteration with the streamreader, how about before you start looping? If you have to evaluate this each time, it just slows things down for something that is meant to be fast and optimized; cracking.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

You're not disposing of your reasources for the MD5 and SHA1 hash retrieval though either. Although the "building" of the hexed byte values for the hash is slow the way you're doing it too.

Many ways this could be sped up, although I'm not sure you understand what the Using statement does if you're calling to Close() the StreamReader just before it closes...[/hide]
I know the code is quite messy, that's why I didn't release it as open source. But it works. And lol about the reader.Close, I don't know why I put it there.